- The benefit of using freshly harvested herbs has been demonstrated in research - extracts produced from fresh plants contain almost 3 times more active substances compared with those obtained from equivalent amounts of dried herb*
- It is available as drops (tincture in 15ml, 50ml & 100ml bottles) and as tablets (42 tablets & 120 tablets):
•Echinaforce® Echinacea drops: This is the original Echinacea extract formulated by Alfred Vogel and contains the tinctures of Echinacea purpurea herb and root
- 0.6ml drops contains the equivalent of 285mg whole fresh plant
- Echinacea purpurea, the species used in Echinaforce®, is considered to be the most widely researched.
- Echinaforce® is a licensed medicine made from fresh extracts of Echinacea purpurea herb (95%) and Echinacea purpurea root (5%)
- Also contains 65%v/v ethanol.
Echinacea is a plant native to America but is now cultivated extensively in Europe
- Echinaforce® is produced using extracts of freshly harvested, organically grown Echinacea purpurea herb and root, picked fresh and used within 24 hours of harvest
- The plants used to produce Echinaforce® are cultivated organically in Switzerland at our own herb farms.
Up to 10 species of Echinacea have been identified, but only three (Echinacea purpurea, Echinacea angustifolia and Echinacea pallida) are used medicinally
Echinaforce®Echinacea drops (tincture) and Echinacea tablets may be used by adults to fight the symptoms of colds and flu.
Adults: 15 drops (0.6ml) to be taken 2-3 times daily in a small amount of water.
Echinaforce ® Echinacea drops and tablets are for oral use only. For external use of an Echinacea extract, please see our page on Echinacea cream.
Do not take more than the recommended dose. Taking too much (overdose) is unlikely to be harmful.
Bioforce is the UK market leader for Herbal Medicines. The company produces an extensive range of products focusing on A.Vogel organic fresh herb tinctures and tincture tablets. Established in 1987 and based in Irvine, Scotland, we are at the forefront of Phytotherapy, the science of using herbs to maintain health and influence illness. Our parent company, based in Roggwil, Switzerland, was founded in 1963 by Alfred Vogel, the eminent Swiss Naturopath, and now supplies fresh herb tinctures to over 30 countries world-wide. Vogel's former clinic in Teufen, in the canton of Appenzell, is now a museum and organic show garden. The majority of herbs used to produce the A.Vogel range are grown using a strict organic protocol, mainly in the fertile conditions of Roggwil. This allows the company to exert complete control over the cultivation of plants, from planting through to harvesting using Good Agricultural and Collection Practice (GACP). All our products are manufactured under Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) protocols and control. Stringent quality controls and a full range of scientific tests throughout growth and manufacture also ensure the best of quality. Certain herbs such as Arnica montana, Saw Palmetto and Devil’s Claw are cultivated on special farms in other parts of the world, again using organic protocols. The A.Vogel range of fresh herb tinctures and tablets are manufactured in Switzerland and transported to Scotland where they are bottled in our modern facility in Irvine, which also operates to GMP standards. All our products are distributed throughout Britain and Ireland. We are a modern science-based company, grounded in the knowledge and traditions of the herbalist. We offer a comprehensive programme of education to ensure that the most up-to-date information is available to those who use our products. Our team of Territory Managers is supplemented by a Nutritionist, Pharmacists and Quality Control staff and headed by our Medical Director, Dr Jen Tan. Our leading products include Echinaforce, the best selling herbal cold and flu remedy in the UK, Atrogel Arnica Gel for stiffness, muscular aches and pains, and Prostasan Saw Palmetto capsules, the natural solution for an enlarged prostate.
Should not be taken by children under 12 years age.
A.Vogel is the UK market leader for fresh herbal remedies. The company produces an extensive range of products focusing on organically cultivated fresh herb tinctures and tincture tablets. Their products are made with organic herbs, flowers and plants that are carefully picked from a sustainable farming source to avoid depletion of nature's stock. Today A.Vogel remains at the forefront of natural herbal remedies,tinctures and tablets, and we'll continue to bring you the best products for healthy living.