- It is useful for all the family, particularly during the winter months when it is ideal for use in steam inhalations as well as in baths or massage blends for dry or weather-worn skin
- Ancient Far Eastern traditions have used benzoin as a medicine and incense for fumigations
- In a steam inhalation, try blending with 1 each of Eucalyptus (especially Eucalyptus Radiata for children), Tea Tree or Frankincense.
The two main types of Benzoin are Siam (styrax tonkinensis) and Sumatra (styrax benzoin)
- Absolute Aromas has used an odourless diluent - benzyl benzoate - to liquefy it so that it is practical to use
- As Benzoin is a resinoid, it comes in solid form
- Sweet, rich vanilla-like, warming dark amber like colour
Steam distilled from the resin, Benzoin is sweet, rich, vanilla-like and is of a warm amber colour
- The Sumatran type is much cheaper to produce and coarser than the superior Siam quality
- Benzoin is balsamic, warming and penetrating yet gentle
- Even diluted to 40%, it can still solidify easily and the bottle may be warmed in the hands or in warm water before use
As a treat for weather-worn skin (gardeners and windsurfers take note!), add 2 drops each of Benzoin, Lavender and Orange to a jar of unfragranced cream or to 10ml of Sweet Almond oil and massage in thoroughly.
Absolute Aromas sources, professionally packages and presents over 100 pure essential oils, 22 carrier oils and a wide range of aromatherapy accessories of the highest possible quality.
Each essential oil is sourced from established producers in the best country of origin for that particular oil. Every batch is subjected to rigorous testing by an experienced and qualified essential oils chemist, using methods such as gas chromatography.
The same strict standards are applied to the rest of the Absolute Aromas range. Carrier oils are, wherever possible, organically-produced, cold-pressed and of the freshest quality. The specialist infused carrier oils are hand-made using organically-produced plant material infused in organic Sesame oil. We believe that as carrier oils usually make up 98% of an aromatherapy blend, their quality has a very significant impact on the efficiency of the blend.
Absolute Aromas is one of the leading forces in aromatherapy within the UK and has a worldwide reputation for quality of product and service.
Absolute Aromas has an unparalleled range of over 100 essential oils and a wide selection of carrier oils. Absolute Aromas also stocks a selection of pre blended oils and massage blends, floral waters, bath salts and aromatherapy accessories that allow the full benefits of aromatherapy to be enjoyed by all.
Absolute Aromas Ltd
Absolute Aromas Ltd