- Virginian Cedarwood comes from the cypress family and the oil has an odour of freshly sawn wood
- Mixed with Sri Lankan Ctironella, it was once a popular mosquito repellent, but has since been largely replaced by chemicals
- One of the more masculine of essential oils, Cedarwood is popularly used in toiletries for men
- Absolute Aromas Virginian Cedarwood is Virginian Light ("light" refers to the method of distillation)
- To help improve the condition of the scalp and encourage healthy hair, add 3 drops each of Cedarwood and Rosemary to 10ml of Coconut oil (or 5ml Coconut and 5ml Wheatgerm for very dry hair) and massage thoroughly into the scalp
- It is usually distilled from sawdust from the lumbermills of the USA and is used extensively in perfumery and soap manufacture
- Try blending with any of the citrus oils
- There are many types of cedarwood, and it is important to be clear which one is which
- Cedarwood’s anti-septic, deodorising and insect-repellent properties make it a very useful oil for burning or diffusing
- Leave for as long as possible before shampooing out.
This oil should be used in moderation, never be used during pregnancy and it may cause skin irritation in those with sensitive skin.
Absolute Aromas sources, professionally packages and presents over 100 pure essential oils, 22 carrier oils and a wide range of aromatherapy accessories of the highest possible quality.
Each essential oil is sourced from established producers in the best country of origin for that particular oil. Every batch is subjected to rigorous testing by an experienced and qualified essential oils chemist, using methods such as gas chromatography.
The same strict standards are applied to the rest of the Absolute Aromas range. Carrier oils are, wherever possible, organically-produced, cold-pressed and of the freshest quality. The specialist infused carrier oils are hand-made using organically-produced plant material infused in organic Sesame oil. We believe that as carrier oils usually make up 98% of an aromatherapy blend, their quality has a very significant impact on the efficiency of the blend.
Absolute Aromas is one of the leading forces in aromatherapy within the UK and has a worldwide reputation for quality of product and service.
Absolute Aromas has an unparalleled range of over 100 essential oils and a wide selection of carrier oils. Absolute Aromas also stocks a selection of pre blended oils and massage blends, floral waters, bath salts and aromatherapy accessories that allow the full benefits of aromatherapy to be enjoyed by all.
Absolute Aromas Ltd
Absolute Aromas Ltd