Absolute Aromas Essential Oils Geranium (Bourbon).
- Pelargonium graveolens is not to be confused with the household variety of geranium, which is a completely different species
- The best geranium is Bourbon Geranium, which comes from the island of La Réunion (previously known as Île de Bourbon), 500 miles east of Madagascar, in the Indian Ocean
- The island has the ideal climate and soil conditions for production of geranium
- It is a greenish coloured oil, with a very strong, well-balanced odour
- The difference between this oil and the Egyptian or Chinese is so significant that Absolute Aromas also stocks an Egyptian Geranium
- Geranium is an excellent balancing oil for all-round use and is especially popular with women
- The odour of the Bourbon Geranium is quite powerful and it may dominate over other oils in a blend
- Try blending 1 drop of Geranium with 2 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Mandarin in a teaspoon of Sweet Almond oil for use as a relaxing, refreshing bath oil
- Alternatively, blend the same oils with two teaspoons of Peach Kernel oil for a special hydrating body moisturiser with a delicious aroma
- In a diffuser or burner, Geranium blends very well with the citrus oils
- It is deodorising, cleansing and uplifting as well as having good insect-repellent properties
Absolute Aromas sources, professionally packages and presents over 100 pure essential oils, 22 carrier oils and a wide range of aromatherapy accessories of the highest possible quality.
Each essential oil is sourced from established producers in the best country of origin for that particular oil. Every batch is subjected to rigorous testing by an experienced and qualified essential oils chemist, using methods such as gas chromatography.
The same strict standards are applied to the rest of the Absolute Aromas range. Carrier oils are, wherever possible, organically-produced, cold-pressed and of the freshest quality. The specialist infused carrier oils are hand-made using organically-produced plant material infused in organic Sesame oil. We believe that as carrier oils usually make up 98% of an aromatherapy blend, their quality has a very significant impact on the efficiency of the blend.
Absolute Aromas Ltd
Absolute Aromas Ltd