- The main constituent of Lemongrass is Citral which is widely used in flavouring, perfumery and the synthesis of Vitamin A
- Fresh, clean, citrus aroma
- Yellow to amber in colour
- Lemongrass is produced from two totally distinct botanical species of Cymbopogon
- Citratus is found only under cultivation, particularly in Guatemala
- Despite early origins in Sri Lanka and India, it is sometimes confusingly referred to as West Indian Lemongrass
- Cymbopogon Flexuosus is only cultivated in relatively limited areas of India, particularly Kerala
- Most of the grass after distillation is used locally to feed cattle
Lemongrass should be used in moderation by those with sensitive skin.
Like most lemon-scented oils, Lemongrass can be very refreshing. Try adding one drop each of Lemongrass, Lavender and Geranium to a bowl of warm water and soaking tired feet for 10 minutes.
A few drops of Lemongrass and Cedarwood in an oil burner will help keep insects away during the summer months.
Absolute Aromas sources, professionally packages and presents over 100 pure essential oils, 22 carrier oils and a wide range of aromatherapy accessories of the highest possible quality.
Each essential oil is sourced from established producers in the best country of origin for that particular oil. Every batch is subjected to rigorous testing by an experienced and qualified essential oils chemist, using methods such as gas chromatography.
The same strict standards are applied to the rest of the Absolute Aromas range. Carrier oils are, wherever possible, organically-produced, cold-pressed and of the freshest quality. The specialist infused carrier oils are hand-made using organically-produced plant material infused in organic Sesame oil. We believe that as carrier oils usually make up 98% of an aromatherapy blend, their quality has a very significant impact on the efficiency of the blend.
Method of Extraction:
The fresh or partly dried leaves of the grass.
Use only in well ventilated areas.
Absolute Aromas is one of the leading forces in aromatherapy within the UK and has a worldwide reputation for quality of product and service.
Absolute Aromas has an unparalleled range of over 100 essential oils and a wide selection of carrier oils. Absolute Aromas also stocks a selection of pre blended oils and massage blends, floral waters, bath salts and aromatherapy accessories that allow the full benefits of aromatherapy to be enjoyed by all.
Absolute Aromas Ltd
Absolute Aromas Ltd