- Steam distillation of the herb Origanum Majorana, gives this strongly aromatic oil vaguely reminiscent of Nutmeg and Cardamom
- Sweet, herbaceous aroma, Clear to pale yellow in colour
Sweet Marjoram (Origanum Majorana) is well known as a culinary herb cultivated in gardens all over the world
- Egypt is the prime source for this oil.
It is important to differentiate between the various types of Marjoram, Thyme and Oregano as their names tend to get very confusing, even to experts
- Used by the ancient Greeks in medicines, perfumes and other toiletries
- Spanish Marjoram (Oregano) is a completely different species, Thymus Masticina, and the so-called Wild Marjoram is the common garden herb, Origanum Vulgare, cultivated all over the world
- Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil makes up only a small proportion of the Marjoram oils produced, most of which tend to be Spanish Marjoram
Do not use during pregnancy.
Try blending 1 drop of Sweet Majoram, 2 drops of Mandarin and 3 drops of Lavender in a teaspoon of Peach Kernel oil, and add to a warm bath before bedtime to help you sleep.
Blend 1 drop each of Sweet Marjoram, Rosemary and Cypress in 10ml of Sweet Almond oil and use as an after-sport massage oil.
Absolute Aromas sources, professionally packages and presents over 100 pure essential oils, 22 carrier oils and a wide range of aromatherapy accessories of the highest possible quality.
Each essential oil is sourced from established producers in the best country of origin for that particular oil. Every batch is subjected to rigorous testing by an experienced and qualified essential oils chemist, using methods such as gas chromatography.
The same strict standards are applied to the rest of the Absolute Aromas range. Carrier oils are, wherever possible, organically-produced, cold-pressed and of the freshest quality. The specialist infused carrier oils are hand-made using organically-produced plant material infused in organic Sesame oil. We believe that as carrier oils usually make up 98% of an aromatherapy blend, their quality has a very significant impact on the efficiency of the blend.
Method of Extraction:
Steam distillation of the dried leaves and flowering tops
Absolute Aromas is one of the leading forces in aromatherapy within the UK and has a worldwide reputation for quality of product and service.
Absolute Aromas has an unparalleled range of over 100 essential oils and a wide selection of carrier oils. Absolute Aromas also stocks a selection of pre blended oils and massage blends, floral waters, bath salts and aromatherapy accessories that allow the full benefits of aromatherapy to be enjoyed by all.
Absolute Aromas Ltd
Absolute Aromas Ltd
5 out of 5
By meanmin | Posted on: 30/03/2015
Very good quality, I love it!
prosperity, and happiness.