- Distillation is mainly undertaken in Spain, but also occurs elsewhere in the Mediterranean region
- Thyme Oil is water and steam-distilled from the partially dried wild herb, Thymus Vulgaris
- There are many different species of Thyme and within Thymus Vulgaris there are a variety of chemotypes that change the constituent make-up of the oil significantly
- The most common chemotypes are "Thymol" and "Carvacrol", which contain high levels of toxic Phenols (up to 60% Thymol and Carvacrol)
- Absolute Aromas offers "Sweet Thyme", which is sweeter, less toxic and less irritant than the Thymol and Carvacrol types, with a maximum 3% concentration of these components
Do not use Sweet Thyme during pregnancy. Using Thyme in the bath may irritate those with sensitive skin
Try adding 1 drop each of Thyme, Lemon and Rosemary to the water in an oil burner to help create a 'germ-free zone' during times of family ills.
Blend 2 drops of Thyme, 3 drops of Geranium and 1 drop of Palmarosa in a teaspoon of Peach Kernel oil. Use a body massage oil to help you get back on your feet after illness or if you are feeling run-down.
Absolute Aromas sources, professionally packages and presents over 100 pure essential oils, 22 carrier oils and a wide range of aromatherapy accessories of the highest possible quality.
Each essential oil is sourced from established producers in the best country of origin for that particular oil. Every batch is subjected to rigorous testing by an experienced and qualified essential oils chemist, using methods such as gas chromatography.
The same strict standards are applied to the rest of the Absolute Aromas range. Carrier oils are, wherever possible, organically-produced, cold-pressed and of the freshest quality. The specialist infused carrier oils are hand-made using organically-produced plant material infused in organic Sesame oil. We believe that as carrier oils usually make up 98% of an aromatherapy blend, their quality has a very significant impact on the efficiency of the blend.
Country of Origin: Spain
Botanical Name: Thymus Vulgaris
Absolute Aromas is one of the leading forces in aromatherapy within the UK and has a worldwide reputation for quality of product and service.
Absolute Aromas has an unparalleled range of over 100 essential oils and a wide selection of carrier oils. Absolute Aromas also stocks a selection of pre blended oils and massage blends, floral waters, bath salts and aromatherapy accessories that allow the full benefits of aromatherapy to be enjoyed by all.
Absolute Aromas Ltd
Absolute Aromas Ltd