- A large nozzle in the bottle helps to some extent, but it may require gentle warming of the bottle in the hands or warm water, (and a lot of patience!), to pour a few drops out
- Absolute Aromas has selected this Haitian oil for its excellent quality
- Method of Extraction:
Steam distillation from the dried roots and rootlets of the grass.
Smoky, woody and earthy aroma
- Amber to olive brown in colour
- The Indian production to date is not of a very good quality, and goes mostly into the local soap and perfume industry.
Vetiver is a heavy, viscous oil with a rich undertone of precious wood notes
- Swish this into a very warm bath to help shrug off aches and pains on cold winter nights.
Vetiver essential oil is produced from the rootlets of a grass which grows wild in many parts of India, Sri Lanka and other parts of Asia
- Blend 1 drop each of Vetiver, Jasmine and Sandalwood in 10ml of Peach Kernel oil for a most luxurious massage oil.
To a teaspoon of Sweet Almond oil add 1 drop each of Vetiver, Patchouli and Lavender
- Vetiver is extremely viscous
- Most Javan producers burn off the grass before digging up the roots, and this often gives a smoky note to the oil, whereas the Haitian producers cut the grass and use it for feeding cattle or for grass mats, so the oil has a much cleaner aroma
- The rootlets are dried, cut and chopped, then soaked in water prior to distillation.
The grass is cultivated for distillation in many parts of the world, the most important producers being Haiti and Java
Absolute Aromas sources, professionally packages and presents over 100 pure essential oils, 22 carrier oils and a wide range of aromatherapy accessories of the highest possible quality.
Each essential oil is sourced from established producers in the best country of origin for that particular oil. Every batch is subjected to rigorous testing by an experienced and qualified essential oils chemist, using methods such as gas chromatography.
The same strict standards are applied to the rest of the Absolute Aromas range. Carrier oils are, wherever possible, organically-produced, cold-pressed and of the freshest quality. The specialist infused carrier oils are hand-made using organically-produced plant material infused in organic Sesame oil. We believe that as carrier oils usually make up 98% of an aromatherapy blend, their quality has a very significant impact on the efficiency of the blend.
Absolute Aromas is one of the leading forces in aromatherapy within the UK and has a worldwide reputation for quality of product and service.
Absolute Aromas has an unparalleled range of over 100 essential oils and a wide selection of carrier oils. Absolute Aromas also stocks a selection of pre blended oils and massage blends, floral waters, bath salts and aromatherapy accessories that allow the full benefits of aromatherapy to be enjoyed by all.
Absolute Aromas Ltd
Absolute Aromas Ltd