- It grows only on the high slopes of the Andes in Peru and has been cultivated and consumed by the whole local population as far back as 2,000 years ago.
It is believed to be the fountain of youth.
Maca is eaten to counteract physical and mental fatigue, and to balance the daily diet with its wide variety of minerals, amino-acids, vitamins, phenols and other components
- Maca is thus one of the greatest natural food supplements in the world, in the current climate of an accelerated life-style and carelessness with respect to balanced nutrition.
Balanced Nutrition · Contains Wholegrains · Dairy Free Recipe · High Fibre (>8%) · High Proteins (>10%) · No Added Salt · No Added Sugar · Nut Free Recipe · Organic · Super Food · Vegan · Wheat Free Recipe
Benefits of maca quoted after our Peruvian supplier*:
· It raises energy levels, combats mental and physical fatigue and stress.
· Highly nutritious, balances the daily diet with its high and varied carbohydrate,
amino-acid, vitamins and minerals.
· It slows down the process of aging, enhances mental functions and makes skin look younger.
· Stimulates balanced hormone production and reduces the unpleasant effects of
menopause, prevents and cures osteoporosis and anaemia.
· It stimulates the functioning of the endocrine system in men and women.
· Increases fertility and sexual activity.
- Maca is a vegetable from a cruciferae family
Oat Flakes (26%), Barley Flakes (22%), Dates Chopped (17%), Crispy Barley Flakes (14%), HOT! granola (oats, gelatinized maca root powder [29%], apple juice, cocoa powder, ginger) (12%), Sunflower Seeds (6%), Pumpkin Seeds (3%)
100% organically grown ingredients
2200mg of maca in a 65g portion
All the values below are calculated based on the data available from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference and are only a guideline.
Typical values per 100g
Energy 1524 kJ
Proteins 10.6 g 21%*
Carbohydrate 67.1 g 52%*
Total Sugars 13.7 g
Total Fat 7.5 g
Saturated 1 mg
Monounsaturated 1.6 mg
Polyunsaturated 3.4 mg
Dietary Fibre 9.5 g 32%*
Vitamin C 1.8 mg 6%*
Thiamin 0.5 mg 63%*
Niacin 3.4 mg 43%*
Riboflavin 0.2 mg 18%*
Vitamin B6 0.4 mg 20%*
Folate 36.9 mcg 18%*
Vitamin E 2.3 mg 23%*
VitA 23.6 IU 1%*
Vit K 3.8 mcg 6%*
Calcium 85.4 mg 17%*
Iron 3.9 mg 33%*
Magnesium 117 mg 39%*
Zinc 5.2 mg 52%*
Manganese 1.6 mg 80%*
Selenium 24.6 mcg 45%*
Alara is a successful and dynamic company dedicated to quality and sustainability.
We have been trading since 1975 and have a history of growth and change. Our factory is located in the heart of London where we play an active part in a diverse and vibrant local community.
Our commitment is to provide very high quality products to meet specific requirements, should that be organic, gluten free, fair trade or small production runs of customer specified blends using a unique data base control solution we have developed.
Certified by the Soil Association since 1988, Alara is also the very first company in the UK registered with the Coeliac Society. We believe that organic food is of the highest quality and extend this quality commitment to our products, systems and services.
Operating from a modern unit, production is done in adherence to British Retail Consortium quality standards, Grade A.
1998-2011 Alara Wholefoods Ltd