- It is one of the Lost Crops of the Incas who honoured this fruit both as a food and spiritually
- Lucuma is highly nutritious and has an addictive, delightful aroma
- Lucuma contains vitamin B1, B2, C, iron, phosphorous and fibre.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- The use of the Lucuma began before the times of the Inca civilisation, demonstrated by the fact that representations of the fruit have been found amongst ceramics and textiles un-buried from Pre- Incan tombs in Peru
- During the processing, the pulp of the Lucuma is dehydrated and pulverized in such a way that all the unique characteristics of the fruit are preserved in the Lucuma flour.
In indigenous countries where lucuma grows, it is THE most popular ice-cream and desserts flavour and over-takes the demand for other popular flavours such as strawberry chocolate and vanilla.
Lucuma is an excellent source of fibre and is a rich source of good carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, including remarkable concentrations of beta-carotene, niacin and iron
- Lucuma is native to the dry subtropical Andean coastal valleys
Lucuma Fruit Powder
Non GM ingredient.
All the values below are calculated based on the data available from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference and are only a guideline.
Typical values per 100g
Energy 1174 kJ
Proteins 3 g 6%*
Carbohydrate 89.5 g 69%*
Total Sugars 31.8 g
Total Fat 1.3 g
Saturated 900 mg
Monounsaturated 290 mg
Polyunsaturated 50 mg
Dietary Fibre 26.3 g 88%*
Niacin 1.1 mg 14%*
Calcium 92 mg 18%*
Iron 0 mg
Alara is a successful and dynamic company dedicated to quality and sustainability.
We have been trading since 1975 and have a history of growth and change. Our factory is located in the heart of London where we play an active part in a diverse and vibrant local community.
Our commitment is to provide very high quality products to meet specific requirements, should that be organic, gluten free, fair trade or small production runs of customer specified blends using a unique data base control solution we have developed.
Certified by the Soil Association since 1988, Alara is also the very first company in the UK registered with the Coeliac Society. We believe that organic food is of the highest quality and extend this quality commitment to our products, systems and services.
Operating from a modern unit, production is done in adherence to British Retail Consortium quality standards, Grade A.
1998-2011 Alara Wholefoods Ltd
Alara Wholefoods Ltd