Charming tureen base, NO LID, manufactured by Alfred Meakin c1935. Pattern is very Art Deco and transfer print with Autumnal tree and leaf design. Tureen itself sits on 4 feet with reflief pattern and finished with ochre colouring.
- Ochre colouring also to the rim of the tureen
- Clearly marked to the base with the Alfred Meakin mark of the period, Astoria Shape, Marigold
- In good condition, with no chips or cracks
- Tureen measures 9 1/2 inches (24 cm) in width from the edge of one handle to the other
- And stands 3 1/4 inches (8 cm) in height
- Weighs unpackaged 500 grammes
- Dimensions: 9 1/2