Amy Butler Laptop Cover & MP3 Case Pattern
Rest easy as you're on-the-move with your laptop and mp3 player nestled safely away in their cover and case. With customized instructions you can make a sturdy cover to fit most size laptops. The large and small mp3 cases are compatible with the iPod Classic®, iPod Touch®, iPhone® and the Zune®.
Materials List. Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric. NOTE: First measure your laptop's width, length and height. If your laptop is larger than the finished size, you will need to add 1/8 yard to each of the fabrics and interfacings for every 1" to 1½" added to the finished size length. (There is plenty of fabric for the width.)
FOR THE LAPTOP COVER
- 1 1/8 yard of 44" wide light to mid-weight fabric for the Exterior
- 1 1/8 yard of 44" wide light to mid-weight fabric for the Lining
- ¾ yard of 22" wide single-sided fusible Peltex® by Pellon® or other similar extra heavy stabilizer
- 3/8 yard of 44" wide fusible fleece (we use fusible Thermolam Plus by Pellon®)
- 1½ yards of 60" wide 10 oz. cotton canvas or Natural Duck Cloth for interfacing (We use canvas made by Thompson Manufacturing. You can substitute with Natural Duck Cloth manufactured by Schott International, Inc.)
- 9" of ¾" sew-on VELCRO® brand fasteners
- 1 spool of a coordinating all-purpose thread (we use Coats Dual Duty Plus®)
Finished size fits a Laptop: 13" wide x 10½" long x 1½" tall. Fully customized instructions included to fit most laptop sizes.
FOR THE MP3 CASE (Any size). NOTE: There will be enough scraps of fabric, fleece and Peltex®, from the Laptop Cover to make any size MP3 Case. You will still need to purchase the VELCRO® brand fasteners and heavyweight interfacing. If you are making just the MP3 Case, follow the list below.
- ½ yard of 44" wide light to mid-weight fabric for the Exterior
- ½ yard of 44" wide light to mid-weight fabric for the Lining
- 1/8 yard of 44" wide fusible fleece (we use fusible Thermolam Plus by Pellon®)
- 1/8 yard of 22" wide single-sided fusible Peltex® by Pellon® or similar extra heavy stabilizer
- 1/8 yard of 22" wide heavyweight sew-in interfacing (such as Pellon® 50)
- 1" of ¾" sew-on VELCRO® brand fasteners;
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread (we use Coats Dual Duty Plus®)
Finished size: Small case - 2 5/8" wide x 4¼" long - Compatible with iPod Classic® 80GB (6th generation), iPod Touch®, Large case - 2 7/8" wide x 4¼" long - Compatible with iPod Classic® (3rd, 4th, 5th generation), 160GB (6th generation), Extended case - 2 7/8" wide x 4½" long - Compatible with Zune® 30GB and 80GB, iPhone®
TOOLS NEEDED:Scissors, Straight pins, Tracing paper, Chalk pencil or Pencil, Masking tape & Marker, Iron & Ironing board, Ruler or Tape measure, Pressing cloth, Transparent tape, 2 sheets of paper (8½" x 11"), Seam ripper, Turning tool (such as a closed pair of scissors).
Search our website for more Amy Butler Sewing Patterns!
Article Code Paton:
Article Code Rowan: