- Manganese is crucial for the formation of connective tissues and bones.
• Bulgur is also a good source of calcium and magnesium, which are essential for maintaining bone health.
- • low in fat and calories, but high in proteins and fibre
• Promotes Digestive Health
• Rich source of iron, can help prevent deficiency of this vital mineral
• Bulgur is a good source of vitamin B6, folate, and pantothenic acid, all of which play a crucial role in activating enzymes that regulate the metabolic processes of the body.
• Reduces the Risk of Gallstone Formation
• 100 gm of bulgur contains about 0.61 mg manganese, which is approximately 30% of the daily recommended value for this mineral
Typical Values: Per 100g
Of which saturates: 0.2g
Of which sugars: 1.4g
How to cook Bulgur Wheat:
Put 200g of Bulgur in a heat resistant bowl.
Add 300ml of boiling water, cover and leave to rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
Add a little olive oil or butter and season to taste. Separate grains with a spoon.
Artisan Grains UK