The Bianchi Specialissima is the second road bike to be constructed using patented Countervail (CV) carbon from the Materials Sciences Corporation - originally designed for NASA to cancel vibrations in space craft, it also happens to be an absolutely perfect material for building high performance cycle frames.
Bianchi's aim in developing the Specialissima was to use CV to build the BEST ultralight bike in the world - not the absolute lightest, although at 780g it's close - but simply the BEST. By using CV in every part of the Specialissima frameset, Bianchi have been able to use thinner, stronger and stiffer tube sets without any of the drawbacks often associated with ultralight bikes, such as nervousness on descents, harshness or lateral flex.
- -Monocoque carbon hi-modulus frame with Countervail material
- -Tapered headtube 1.1/8" to 1.4" to improve accuracy in steering
- -Dual compatibility for mechanical and electronic groupsets
- -Internal cable routing
- -BB Press fit 86.5 x 41
- -Seatube dimension: 27.2mm
- -Full carbon dropouts with metal inserts
- -Ultralight and rigid
- -Maximum transfer of rider energy into power and responsiveness
- -Fast and reactive during climbing and sprinting, with unparalleled control and precision on descents