- It is a mineral that is daily lost from the body's reserves or lost to the body because of low absorption from food
- The high demand continues after birth as children need it for growth
- It is a main part of the skeletal "frame" to which tissues and muscles are attached and which protects the vulnerable organs from physical harm
- Calcium is equally important for nerve impulse transmission and blood coagulation.
- During pregnancy the requirement for calcium is high because of the demands made by the developing foetus on the mother's supply
- There are 206 bones in the body which together provide its structure, articulation and protection
- The new improved formulation is a compound of bone strengthening nutrients which work to ensure full utilisation of the Calcium with the assistance of Vitamin D.
Most of the body's calcium is deposited in bones and teeth but it is also required by the nerves and muscles
- The rate of calcium depletion is much higher in older women and a regular dietary intake of calcium is important to help keep their reserves at optimum levels
Not all nutritional supplements are the same. Almost all contain additives that, normally, we go out of our way to avoid when we buy food - things like preservatives, artificial colourings, fillers, binders - many of which can cause allergies in those who are susceptible. And certain 'inactive' ingredients do not always have to be listed on labels.
Following extensive laboratory trials, Bio-Health have perfected techniques that allow us to use only the purest ingredients, made to the highest pharmaceutical standards. Each Pure-fil capsule consists only of the supplement itself, unadulterated by any chemical additives.
PURE-FIL PRODUCTS HAVE:
NO ARTIFICIAL COLOURS OR FLAVOURS
NO SYNTHETIC PRESERVATIVES
NO CHEMICAL EXCIPIENTS
NO BINDERS, FILLERS OR COATINGS
NO ADDED STARCH, SUGAR, SALT, LACTOSE OR GLUTEN
Bio-Health Ltd was incorporated in 1981 for the purpose of initiating a range of vitamin, mineral and herbal supplements totally free from additives.
There was then, as now, serious concern that many ingredients, not always disclosed on the labels, were being widely used in the manufacture of tablets being offered as "health foods". Health food retailers and their customers were becoming increasingly subject to commercial exploitation in an industry where pharmaceutical contract manufacturers, using mass-production methods, and who did not share the health food philosophy, became suppliers of nutritional supplements.
With the assistance of a major capsule manufacturer and following months of research and development, methods were devised for successfully filling vitamin, mineral and herbal formulations entirely without additives. The chosen form, a two piece hard gelatine shell capsule, was found much more suitable that the soft gelatine form which requires plasticisers and are prone to fungal and bacterial proliferation owing to high moisture content. Hard shell gelatine capsules, made entirely from highly purified gelatine, proved ideal for filling with uncompressed powders. However, vegetarians and vegans were unhappy to be using a product based on animal products. Therefore further research was undertaken to establish whether vegetable-based capsules could be used with the same results. Bio-Health are now delighted to say that all products in the pure-fil range now use vegetable-based capsules. The only exceptions are Evening Primrose Oil which remains in gelatine capsules, and Raspberry Leaf which is in tablet form.
The "Pure-fil" range of products was launched at the end of 1981 and extended to cover a wide selection of herbs in 1996, and the registered Trade Mark appears on every Bio-Health product. This is a guarantee that it is totally free from additives and of the highest quality. "Pure-fil" products have particular appeal to those averse to chemical additives in supplements and have allergic reactions to them. They are recommended by the Hyperactive Children's Society and approved by Action Against Allergy.
Bio-Health maintain a conscientious approach to the products they manufacture and now market plant ointments and licensed herbal medicinal products of the highest and finest quality, compatible with genuine holistic and "healthfood" principles.