- If you've ever used a really hot curry to drive out a cold, then you've tried a remedy which is familiar to millions of Chinese housewives--although the Chinese would rather make the fresh ginger into a tea than fry it!
Ginger, with its stimulating effects on the digestion and circulation, is the chief ingredient of Birt&Tang's winter tea
- But we've also added the gentle stimulation of Chinese date, and a healthy dose of pu'er.
Pu'er tea is little-known in the west, and something of a rarity even in China
- It is made by fermenting green tea and then storing it under carefully controlled conditions, a complex process which seems to enhance the tea's antioxidant properties
- This may account for the association between pu'er and longevity which has long been made by Chinese connoisseurs.
- Ginger is among the simplest and most familiar of Chinese remedies
- Several studies have linked the use of pu'er tea with reduced blood cholesterol levels
Apple · Chinese date · Ginger · Orange flavouring · Puer
Birt & Tang herbal teas are an entirely new concept in tea drinking - combining Oriental wisdom with modern Western lifestyle values. Made in China with authentic herbal formulations that have been slightly adjusted for Western palates, each little teabag is packed full of ultra-healthy, exotic herbs. Birt & Tang's unique teas offer a refreshingly delicious alternative to traditional teas and coffees.
Birt & Tang teas are all made in China to secret recipes created by renowned Shanghai herbalist Mr. Li, who has worked in the Chinese tea market for over two decades. He created these uniquely delicious and functional teas to make over 5,000 years of traditional Chinese wisdom accessible to people in the West.
Birt & Tang represent an exciting new era in the speciality and herbal tea market. This is the first time that such sophisticated formulations have been made accessible by placing them in t-tagged teabags. More than fifty different rare and natural ingredients are used across this unique range carefully blended for the Western palate.
Birt & Tang