- The symptoms are varied but are generally associated with low spirits, changing appetite or weight, sleep problems, or lack of energy
- Use the lamp at home, in the office or while at work
- The Bodi-Tek Sunlight Sad Lamp has been developed to help Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.), a condition which can affect all ages, men and women alike
- These symptoms are often referred to as the "winter blues".
Exposure to bright light has been widely advocated by health experts as a means of counteracting SAD by addressing the cause
- It is now generally accepted that SAD lights are the best and quickest way to tackling the winter blues
- The Bodi-Tek Sunlight Sad Lamp provides a balanced spectrum light equivalent to standing outdoors on a clear day
Position the Sunlight SAD Lamp directed towards your face, but slightly offset. (Do not look directly into the light).
Typically 30-60 minutes of exposure a day, at a range of 30-60cms is sufficient for most people. However, you may use your lamp as often as you want.
To link it with your natural biological clock try to use between 6am and 8pm. While you can use the Sunlight SAD Lamp at other times during the day research has shown that morning use is most beneficial.
Use the Sunlight SAD Lamp on at least five successive days at approximately the same time. Repeat the programme as often as you feel you need it.
Symptoms of S.A.D. may include the following:
Change in appetite or weight. Lack of energy. Diminishing sex drive. Body aches or pains. Low self-esteem. Sleep problems. Loss of memory. Inability to make decisions. Depression/Mood swings. Lack of concentration/interest.
How is S.A.D. treated?
The conventional treatment of S.A.D. is to deal with the symptoms such as depression using antidepressant or mood stabilising medication and/or psychotherapy. Recently, however, exposure to bright light has been widely advocated by health experts as a means of counteracting SAD by addressing the cause.
It is now generally accepted that SAD lights are the best and quickest way to tackling the winter blues. SAD lights provide a balanced spectrum light equivalent to standing outdoors on a clear day. Use of a SAD lamp can make up for any light deficiency that you may otherwise be experiencing.
The Dezac Group Limited