- Carlton Ware World's mission is to record the legacy of pottery made by Wiltshaw & Robinson and Carlton Ware from 1890 to 1989, with emphasis on the many designers whose work made the pottery so appealing
- We aim to provide an accessible and accurate picture of the pottery’s significant contribution to the British ceramics industry over what is arguably one of the most creative periods in pottery history
- Recording the legacy of this prolific pottery is a tall order, but we see this as an important task so that its history is not lost
- We believe that the skills and techniques employed by those who made it deserve to be acknowledged and appreciated and this is also one of our aims
- Carlton Ware, made at the Copeland Street Pottery in Stoke-on-Trent, was in production for almost one hundred years
- During this time, the pottery kept pace with current tastes and styles, and its output records the many changes that took place in commercial potteries over most of the twentieth century
- It was one of many medium sized family-run potteries, with few exceptions now sadly gone
c1920 30 Pair of Carlton Ware 8.25 inch vases Nightingale pattern
Dating around c1925. A pair of stunning Carlton Ware vases. Pattern is Nightingale, which is a...
c1930s Carlton China lady figurine with fan named Joan - F51
Clearly marked to the underside with the Carlton China mark. Measures 6.5 inches or 16.5 cm in...
Carlton Ware Floral Spray 8126 2 inch high jug
Previously owned but in good condition.Dimensions: 2.
Carlton Ware Floral Spray 8126 9.25 inch Divided Dish
Previously owned but in good condition.Dimensions: 9.25.
Carlton Ware Harrods Doorman toby jug model 4497 CLT585
Attractive Carlton Ware doorman toby jug. Previously owned but in excellent condition.