- Since 1891 Epicure has based its philosophy on the pleasure of good food
- Originally bringing food innovation to Britain by importing exotic canned fruits and vegetables previously unseen in this corner of the world
- Epicure was registered as a trade mark in 1891 by Petty Wood, a food distribution company established in 1817 by William Wood and Edward Petty in London
- They originally specialised in distribution and packing for teas and dried fruits along with other products, as well as having a production facility for jams, honey, ginger and chutney which were branded Epicure
- The brand became trusted for quality and is well remembered as being a store cupboard staple
- Over the years the Epicure brand has offered a variety of products, covering everything from confectionary to tropical fruit, pickles to canned fish and meat, tea, dried fruit and even sparkling grape juice
- Speciality products have always been a key selling point
- As today’s grocery market and consumer tastes have changed significantly since our early days, but we continue to innovate through selection of the best produce and recipes
- We are constantly seeking out the best foods and new ways in which to bring you quality
- Since 2002 we have been working on bringing the brand back to life by reducing and focusing on product ranges, including work on quality, re-branding and working on new, innovative ranges
- To assist us in the development of new products, ingredients and recipes we have recruited chef James Moulson who can boast of having held positions at Claridges and on the QE2, as well as having had his own restaurant
- James now has his own catering and consulting companies
- Epicure has successfully launched the Creative Cooks range in 2009, a range of premium, quality, pre-prepared ingredients including Bean Mixes and Wine Reductions
- In January 2010 we launched the Deli-Italia range, an authentic Italian range of sauces, pestos and tapenades
- Since the launch our Tomato and Basil and Tomato and Chilli sauces have both won Great Taste Awards from the Guild of Fine foods
- Epicure continues to be passionate about good food, extending ranges and working on new product development using quality ingredients that make good food taste great
Epicure Cooked & Peeled Chestnuts - 200g
Delicious French chestnuts, vaccum packed and ready for use..
Epicure Stem Ginger In Syrup - 260g
Epicure Stem Ginger In Syrup. Stem Ginger in syrup is a great ingredient for desserts and home...
Epicure Stem Ginger In Syrup - 455g
Epicure Stem Ginger In Syrup.