- In the village of L'Oie, in the heart of the Vendée, in 1936, a young apprentice poultry keeper called Ernest SOULARD decided to start his own company
- The first few years were difficult, as he had to be present at all local markets to purchase poultry
- His establishment flourished and Ernest made many good decisions
- The company took the name Ernest SOULARD and specialised in supplying Barbary ducks
- The business grew in size, and a purpose built accredited abattoir was constructed
- The family business continued to grow
- To keep ahead of the competition, the directors decided of controlling all aspects of production
- The duck farmers became partners in the company
- In addition to the preparation of entire ducks, the preparation of various duck portions were developed as a new activity
- The company acquired a hatchery, to ensure the quality of its egg production
- A feed mill was constructed to prepare 100% vegetable feed for SOULARD ducks
- The company created several duck farms specialising in the rearing of Mulard Ducks « fattened ducks »
Ernest SOULARD invested in an unit for the preparation of "foie gras in St Paul en Pareds, in the Vendée and acquired the company « Tradition et Gourmandises » located in la Queue en Brie, in Paris, which specialises in the preparation of semi-preserved foie gras
- Ernest SOULARD's main target remains the professional, whether he is of the catering, the industry or a wholesaler
- However seen the prosperous demand of our products by the consumers, the company wanted to develop the distribution to the private individuals
- Ernest SOULARD open it own shop in its village of origin "l'Oie"
- A shop in which we find a selection of our products
Foie Gras Duck and Goose Entier Duo Gift Set, Exclusive 15% Discount
An amazing (and very affordable) seasonal gift for anyone with a penchant for French delicacies,...
Duck Foie Gras Extra, Frozen, +/-500g
This product is temporarily sold frozen, rather than fresh, due to avian flu in the South West of...
Duck Foie Gras Pot Entier, 90g
The flavour is gamier than, but just as succulent as goose foie gras, and it's delicious as a...