- In 1905, Thomas Fentiman, an iron puddler from Cleckheaton, England was approached by a fellow tradesman for a loan
- A deal was struck and a recipe for botanically brewed ginger beer was provided as security
- The loan was never repaid so Thomas became the owner of the unique recipe
- Thomas began using the recipe and producing botanically brewed ginger beer which he delivered door-to-door using a horse and cart for transport
- His ginger beer was stored in hand made stone jars known as ‘grey hens’ which were stamped with an image of Thomas’ pet dog ‘Fearless’ who had won awards for obedience at the famous ‘Crufts’ dog competition
- Fentiman’s ginger beer quickly became very popular and the family business grew, with several production factories being opened in the North East of England
- The world has changed a lot during the years since Thomas Fentiman founded the business and Fentimans have had to adapt to meet the demands of this world
- Changes in the way people shop mean that we don’t deliver door-to-door anymore and instead sell our beverages in retail outlets, bars and restaurants
- We prefer to use motorised transport to make deliveries, rather than horses and carts and the old stone jars have been replaced by glass bottles
- Some things have not changed however
- The business is still in the Fentimans family and is owned by the Great Grandson of Thomas Fentiman and we still make our beverages by the time honoured method of botanically brewing the finest natural ingredients
- Our production processes have been updated through the addition of mild carbonation to replace the carbon dioxide lost during pasteurisation, which gives the product a longer life
Fentimans Curiosity Cola - Pack of 12 x 275ml
Colas originated from apothecaries and were heralded as elixirs with health enhancing properties..
Fentimans Curiosity Cola - 275ml
This curiously invigorating recreation of colas from yesteryear is made using infusions of the...
Fentimans Victorian Lemonade - 275ml
With the juice of one and a half lemons in every bottle, for real refreshment our cloudy Victorian...