- Flahavan’s has been milling oats at the family mill in Kilmacthomas, Co
- Waterford for over 200 years
There has been an oats mill at Kilmacthomas since the late 1700's
- The power for the mill came from the nearby River Mahon which at one time also powered four other mills
- In those days, the mill was used for the contract milling of oats for local farm growers and oat growers
- This is where the farmer’s oats were then milled and the milled oatmeal was returned to him
- He was charged for this service
- At this time, the oatmeal was a heavier type than the Flahavan's "flaked" oatmeal we know today
- In 1935 it was decided to expand the mill and to put in an oatflaking facility
- Oatflaking produced a finer flake, which is faster to cook
- By 1959, Flahavan’s completed the construction of its current mill building
- The first family connection to the Flahavan’s name can be traced back to about 1785 when Thomas Dunn took over the mill
- Dunn was the great-great-great-grandfather of John Flahavan who is the Managing Director of the company today
Flahavans Oat Bran - 750g
A delicious oat bran porridge rich in soluble fibre. Add as a topping or as an ingredient in...
Flahavans Organic Jumbo Oatflakes - 1000g
Flahavan's jumbo oatflakes are a larger oatflake and are ideally suited to being prepared as a...
Flahavans Organic Porridge Oats - 500g
Flahavans organic porridge oatlets is the latest additions to the Flahavan’s portfolio of hot...
Flahavans Organic Porridge Oats - 1000g
Flahavan’s organic jumbo porridge oatlets is the latest additions to the Flahavan’s portfolio of...
Flahavans Pinhead Oatmeal - 1000g
Flahavan's pinhead oatmeal is a chopped wholegrain oat, . Suitable as a more traditional porridge...
Flahavans Quick Oat Porridge - 8 Sachets
The taste and texture of real porridge, ready in 2 minutes. The organic box contains 8 individual...
Flahavans Quick Oat Portable Porridge - 40g
Individual servings of porridge. Prepared by adding milk and popping in the microwave for 90...