- Hakubaku’s authentic Japanese organic noodles are the world’s favourite
- They epitomise the attention to detail at the heart of Japanese culture
- A global search for the world’s highest quality organic wheat, and the wheat varieties most suitable for making Japanese noodles, brought Hakubaku to Australia
- Not only did Hakubaku find secure supplies of the wheat it needs, but it also found an organic flour mill and the perfect site for a noodle factory - in Ballarat
- In 1996, Ballarat became home to Hakubaku Australia – a distant outpost of one of Japan’s most important culinary traditions
- Hakubaku Australia is now a proud contributor to a cuisine that is considered one of the most sophisticated – and one of the healthiest - in the world
- The best Australian organic wheat, plus the best Japanese traditions and technology, equals the best noodles in the world!
Japanese cuisine, like all the world’s greatest cuisines, highlights the freshest, highest-quality ingredients
- The traditional Japanese diet is based on various grains that are known collectively in Japanese as kokumotsu
- Kokumotsu is typically prepared with rice and combines with side dishes, including cooked seasonal vegetables and fish, to create an ideal, healthy diet
- Hakumaku’s mission is to bring this healthy food culture to the world, and that is why it is ‘The Kokumotsu Company’
- The five most important grains, or go koku, are rice, barley, millet, buckwheat and wheat, and these make up the five grains in the Hakubaku logo
- This website shares information about authentic Japanese noodles and Japanese cuisine
- Most importantly, it shares quick, healthy, tasty recipes to inspire people to bring this healthy food culture into their daily lives
Hakubaku Japanese Ramen Noodles - Organic - Pack 8 x 270g
Ramen is a white noodle with thicker texture, suitable for more hearty dishes. Made from organic...
Hakubaku Japanese Soba Noodles - Organic - Pack 8 x 270g
Soba noodles are thin Japanese noodles made of buckwheat flour (soba-ko) and wheat flour...
Hakubaku Japanese Somen Noodles - Organic - Pack 8 x 270g
Somen is the thinnest of all Japanese noodles (like vermicelli). Hakubaku Japanese Somen Noodles -...
Hakubaku Japanese Udon Noodles - Organic - Pack 8 x 270g
Udon is a thick white wheat noodle with a texture suitable for more hearty dishes, especially Stir...
Hakubaku Organic Cha Soba Noodles - 200g
Cha Soba noodles are Soba noodles made of buckwheat flour (soba-ko) and wheat flour (komugi-ko)...