- We’ve poured our passion for home cooked authentic food into creating Howdah
- Howdah – meaning the carriage which royal families of India rode in on the back of an elephant, has been adopted by Mumbai foods as the branding behind a unique, innovative and authentic sharing snack product
- Our range of products have been conceived by Falu Shah of Mumbai foods, and are born out of her passion for food and the sharing culture that is a traditional feature of the typical Indian family
- The snacks are authentic recreations of food prepared in traditional Indian family homes and are made using recipes handed down through generations and incorporate high quality regionally authentic spices which are typical of India’s diverse cultures
- Many of the spices used to create the unique flavours of Howdah products are of high quality and are difficult to source outside of specific regions of India
- “I wanted to create something that was typical of what we relished as snack foods throughout the day in my Indian home, there was nothing in the UK that came close
- I have lived throughout India and the snacks varied from region to region and were based on local spices and culinary traditions that went back generations
- I wanted to bring to the UK a range of sharing snack products we could share with friends and families that truly represented those of my childhood days”.
Our snacks have already won a number of awards for quality, taste, and originality, and authenticity at the ‘Fine Food Awards’ and have had great trade press
- Many of the UK’s key retail organizations are now stocking the range of flavors
- The products have been inspired by Indian traditions and culture so the range naturally includes Vegan, Vegetarian, Coeliac and Halal products and these ranges have been popular in health and whole food environments
Howdah Onion Bhaji - Pack of 16 x 100g
Golden tumeric gives natural colour to our Onion Bhaji's. Howdah Onion Bhaji. Enjoy the taste of...
Howdah Peanut Pakora - Pack of 16 x 100g
Roasted peanuts wrapped in a spicy, masala rich crisp case. Howdah Peanut Pakora. Infused...
Howdah Bakarwadi Bites - Pack of 16 x 100g
Bakarwadi Bites are tiny, savoury pastries, rolled and filled with a blend of spices. Howdah...
Howdah Bombay Puri - Pack of 16 x 100g
Our mini Indian flat breads are traditional to their Indian recipe and are coated with the spices...
Howdah Masala Banana Chips - Pack of 16 x 100g
Our crispy banana chips are coated in a subtle blend of warm spices, with a hint of chilli. Howdah...
Howdah Peppered Banana Chips - Pack of 16 x 100g
Howdah Peppered Banana Chips. Our light and delicious banana chips, dusted with black pepper and...