Wade Art Deco cellulose figure.Dating between 1927 and 1937 and designed by Head Designer for George Wade and Son, Jessie Van Hallen.
- Figure is called Zena
- These cellulose figures were in production for only about a decade, but production ceased when Wade found that the cellulose was unstable, turning yellow and then peeling off
- This particular figurine, although free from chip and crack damage, does have peeling damage as described above - this affects the upper parts of the arms and patches to her dress
- One of her hands also looks to have had a restoration
- Still a charming figure, and clearly marked to the base with the Wade mark
- We do have a professional restorer who can take a look at this beautiful figurine if you require her in a restored condition
- Additional photographs are available on request