- No wonder, it contains over 300 nutritional compounds including essential minerals and mood enhancing chemicals.
Superfood Nutrition and Essential Minerals
Cacao is a tremendous superfood
- It is also high in the ‘beauty minerals’ sulphur and magnesium.
The Food of Love and Happiness
Raw Cacao contains a cocktail of pharmacologically active substances, including mood-enhancing neurotransmitters and a chemical the brain secretes when we are in love
- Essential minerals present in cacao are calcium, zinc, iron, copper and potassium
- They are also certified Fair Trade, which means that the farmers receive a fair price for their crop.
The cacao bean has long been treasured in human history
- This could explain why chocolate has long been suspected of having anti-depressant and aphrodisiac properties!
Full of Flavour & Crunch
Cacao Nibs can be eaten as they are, for a delightful chocolate experience! Their crunchy texture adds an extra special lift to trail mixes
- It will also not cause palpitations and headaches like caffeine can.
May also contain nuts.
- Try sprinkling over muesli and fruit, and even on salads.
Contrary to common belief, cacao does not contain caffeine
- It does however contain another stimulant, unique to cacao, called Theobromine
- Theobromine can have a similar positive effect to caffeine, but not as strong and more long lasting
Serving per 100g
Energy kcal 601
Total fat g 54
of which saturates g 34.2
Total carbohydrate g 30
of which sugars g 1
Protein g 12
Salt g 0.02
The Raw Chocolate Company