- A highly concentrated combination of beetroot extract (10:1) and beetroot powder, with Montmorency cherry extract (10:1) and Montmorency cherry powder - 4500mg per capsule!
- CherryBeet can be used as a gentle iron, mineral and antioxidant supplement on a daily basis, to support immunity, general health and well-being.
- Due to the high concentrations of dietary nitrate found in beetroot and the antioxidants found in both Montmorency cherry and beetroot, these capsules are also ideal for athletes during times of extreme training, when high energy levels and speedy recovery are required.
More about beetroot...
- Beetroot (Beta vulgaris) is widely considered to be a superfood vegetable because it is naturally high in dietary nitrate, silicic acids, flavonoids, carotenoids (particularly lutein and zeaxanthin), soluble fibre, antioxidants (anthocyanadins) and bioavailable vitamins and minerals. Betacyanin, the pigment that gives beetroot its rich purple / red colour, is also a powerful antioxidant.
- It is virtually fat free, low in calories and has an extremely low Glycaemic Load (GL) of 2.9, which means that it is converted into sugars very slowly and therefore helps to keep blood sugar levels stable.
- Beetroot is also naturally rich in alkaline elements, making it an ideal addition to cleanse and detox programs - supporting the spleen, kidneys, liver and gallbladder.
Betaine (Trimethylglycine - TMG)
- Betaine is a naturally-occurring substance, found in plants and particularly in beetroot. Betaine is an excellent source of methyl groups, molecules consisting of one carbon atom and three hyrdrogen atoms. In a process called methylation, methyl groups may help to deactivate harmful substances in the body, converting them into helpful substances.
- Homocysteine, an amino acid in the body, is one of the potentially harmful substances that is controlled by methyl groups. As we age, methylation in the body declines, which means that homocysteine levels are allowed to rise.
Betanin (Beetroot Red)
- Beetroot is a unique source of both vulgaxanthin and betanin. Both of these nutrients are classified as betanins (plant pigments), which may support lower levels of inflammation in the body, as well as detoxification in the liver.
- The recent spike in interest in beetroot as a dietary supplement arises in large part as a result of the research carried out by Professor Andy Jones and colleagues (University of Exeter, UK) which highlighted beetroot juice as a rich source of nitrate. The Professor has stated that "Nitric oxide (NO) is vitally important in human physiology and it modulates many of the processes that are essential to exercise performance. Recent evidence indicates that NO availability can be enhanced by dietary supplementation with inorganic nitrate which is abundant in green leafy vegetables and beetroot."
CherryBeet User Information
Capsule Information: 60 vegetable cellulose capsules per pot.
Ingredients: PER CAPSULE: Beetroot Extract (10:1) - 220mg (equivalent to 2200mg beetroot powder), Montmorency Cherry Extract (10:1) - 220mg (equivalent to 2200mg cherry powder), Vegetable cellulose capsule (HMPC) - 96mg, Beetroot Powder - 50mg, Montmorency Cherry Powder - 50mg
Suitability: Contains NO: added sugar, salt, wheat, gluten, lactose, dairy, preservatives, colours, fillers or flavours. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Usage: Take 1 capsule, 1 - 3 times per day (preferably with food) or as advised by your health practitioner.
More about Montmorency cherries...
Montmorency cherry (or sour cherry) is a nutrient-rich fruit, which contains exceptionally high levels of beneficial natural compounds, vitamins and minerals, which is why it is generally considered to be a "superfruit". In an ideal world, people would be able to enjoy the health benefits of Montmorency cherry by eating the fresh fruit or by drinking its fresh juice. However, for the vast majority of people this is simply not possible - particularly in the required quantities. Even juices available from the supermarket are not ideal, due to the pasteurisation process which destroys many of the essential enzymes.
Montmorency cherries are rich in antioxidants, which help the body to fight free radicals and support the immune system. In fact, research indicates that Montmorency cherries have very high ORAC (oxygen radical absorption capacity) values - you would have to eat more than 20 average portions of other fruit and vegetables to get the same amount of antioxidants as you get in one portion of Montmorency cherries! In particular, they are one of the few natural food sources of:
• the potent antioxidant, melatonin, which is thought to help support the body's natural circadian rhythms and sleep cycles
• and the class of compounds, Superoxide Dismutases, which act as super scavengers of free radicals.
These cherries also contain potent phytonutrients, including anthocyanins (natural colourants) and other phenolic and flavanoid compounds. Among other things, anthocyanins help to support healthy joint function, mobility and flexibility. They are also thought to support healthy urate levels in the body.
Montmorency cherries are notable, in that they:
• have concentrated levels of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients
• support joint health and muscle function
• can be used by athletes to support energy levels and muscle recovery
• support heart health
• support healthy uric acid levels in the body
• support healthy brain function
• support restful sleep (because of their high levels of melatonin).
• are low in sugar, sodium and calories
• are an excellent source of beta carotene (vitamin A), e.g. they contain 19x the beta carotene of blueberries and strawberries
• are rich in vitamins C and E
• are a good source of potassium, magnesium, iron, folate and fibre.
CherryBeet capsules therefore offer you the power of two totally natural nutritional powerhouses, in one easy-to-take capsule.
Tags: beetroot, Betanin, dietary nitrate, nitric oxide, beetroot active, heart health, joint health and muscle function, Superoxide Dismutases, blueberries, strawberries, beta carotine, Betaine, Homocysteine, Betacyanin, phytonutrients, uric acid, antioxidants, anthocyanadins, iron, vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium, vitamins, magnesium, iron, folate, sugar, sodium, soluble fibre, bioavailable vitamins and minerals, flavenoids, silicic acids, carotenoids, lutein, zeaxanthin,