Clearspring Agar Flakes.
- Clearspring Agar Flakes are traditionally made from sea plants in Japan
- They have a neutral flavour and are free from any bleaching chemical or softening agents
- Traditional and conventional agar
- Nowadays, almost all commercial agar-agar is made using sulphuric acid to dissolve the starches,
- And chemical bleaches and dyes to neutralise the colour and flavour of the sea plants
- However, a few small craft producers, such as the Mizoguchi family who make Clearspring Agar Flakes, still use the traditional slow method
Cooking with agar flakes
To use, add one full tablespoon of flakes per cup of liquid, sprinkling over the liquid in a saucepan before heating. Heat without stirring, then simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flakes dissolve. Pour into a mould and cool to set.
Clearspring Brand Promise:
Organic/premium quality Japanese and European foods skillfully prepared by artisan and professional producers.
Prepared according to authentic, traditional recipes and our own original recipes developed for present day market needs.
100% vegetarian/vegan foods and ingredients.
Wholesome, easy-to-prepare, great tasting daily foods for optimum nutrition.
No artificial additives, MSG, colourings, preservatives or refined sugars.
Ethically sourced foods which support producer communities.
Made using environmentally sustainable and non-GM ingredients.
Good foods to be enjoyed globally.
The Clearspring goal is to get organic food back on the dining table, so that you can enjoy the same quality of foods as your grandparents did. By developing the demand for organic foods and encouraging the cultivation of organic crops by farmers today, we can ensure that your grandchildren, too, can enjoy the great taste of good food.?
You will find that each of our food products has a distinct flavour and quality that comes from using the finest quality ingredients and respecting local food traditions.
Copyright © Clearspring Ltd
5 out of 5
By Lola | Posted on: 16/05/2013
I love agar flakes if for nothing else but for wonderful kanten - thoroughly enjoyable!