- The flakes are made by a simple process where the wakame is blanched for a few seconds before being dried and packed
- Known in Japan as fueru wakame or ‘expanding wakame’, the product contains nothing but top quality wakame, which is a brown sea vegetable with the Latin name Undaria pinnatifida
- The wakame itself is cultivated on ropes and harvested on the Sanriku coast of northeast Japan, which is renowned as an area of quality wakame production
- Eight months or so later in March the microscopic spores have grown to become fronds anywhere between 1.3 and 2 meters in length, which are then harvested from their ropes.
- The wakame spores are sown in June or July
They are delicious in miso and clear soups, to be added at the end of cooking time to retain their delicate flavour and appearance. They are also a great addition to stir-fries and salads, in which case they should be soaked in lukewarm water for 2-3 minutes before using.
Clearspring Brand Promise:
Organic/premium quality Japanese and European foods skillfully prepared by artisan and professional producers.
Prepared according to authentic, traditional recipes and our own original recipes developed for present day market needs.
100% vegetarian/vegan foods and ingredients.
Wholesome, easy-to-prepare, great tasting daily foods for optimum nutrition.
No artificial additives, MSG, colourings, preservatives or refined sugars.
Ethically sourced foods which support producer communities.
Made using environmentally sustainable and non-GM ingredients.
Good foods to be enjoyed globally.
The Clearspring goal is to get organic food back on the dining table, so that you can enjoy the same quality of foods as your grandparents did. By developing the demand for organic foods and encouraging the cultivation of organic crops by farmers today, we can ensure that your grandchildren, too, can enjoy the great taste of good food.?
You will find that each of our food products has a distinct flavour and quality that comes from using the finest quality ingredients and respecting local food traditions.
Copyright © Clearspring Ltd