- The fresh daikon root is simply washed, shredded into Julienne strips and then dried for over six hours
- “Daikon” means great root in Japanese, very appropriate since it is shaped like a large carrot
- This slow drying process gives the daikon an especially concentrated sweet and mellow flavour and preserves most of its nutritional value.
What is Daikon?
Daikon, a giant white radish (Raphanus Sativus), is sometimes known under its Indian name, mooli
- Daikon’s versatility is endless and it is as good cooked, dried or pickled as it is raw.
Wheat Free Yes
Gluten Free No
Yeast Free Yes
Nut Free No
Raw Food No
Free of Added Alcohol Yes
- Clearspring Organic Dried Daikon is grown, harvested and processed by our specialist producer
Dried daikon* (100%). *Organically grown.
Cereals containing gluten* Absent
Sulfur dioxide and sulphites*+ Absent
Note dietary intolerance* Gluten and nut absent in ingredient but not certified.
* and products thereof. +(>10mg/kg or 10mg/l)
Typical values g/100g
of which sugars: 2.8
of which saturates: 0.03
of which monounsaturates: -
of which polyunsaturates: -