Clearspring Organic Wasabi Powder.
- Wasabi is one of the most difficult plants to grow in the world, and thus one of the rarest
- Semi-aquatic, it grows only in stream beds of those mountain river valleys where the water is really fresh
- Unlike many products in the Western world which are known under the name 'wasabi' but contain additives and green dyes, Clearspring Wasabi powder is made of only natural ingredients and contains real wasabi root
- You can recognise its authenticity by its pale grey green colour, which contrasts with the brighter green of dyed wasabi
- Wasabi is the hot and stimulating green paste that lends a characteristic, pungent taste to sushi dishes, dressings and dipping sauces
Clearspring Wasabi comes as a powder in a convenient resealable tin and can be prepared by adding 1 part warm water to 2 parts powder and mixing into a paste. Cover and leave for 5 minutes to allow the flavour to develop.
To incorporate in your sushi, pick up a small amount with your finger and spread on top of the sushi topping before placing on top of the ball of rice, or spread on top of the rice before rolling if using a sushi mat. Alternatively, mix into the soya sauce or make into a little ball and serve along side sashimi or sashimi to be mixed in at the diner's discretion. Always make fresh each time.
Clearspring Brand Promise:
Organic/premium quality Japanese and European foods skillfully prepared by artisan and professional producers.
Prepared according to authentic, traditional recipes and our own original recipes developed for present day market needs.
100% vegetarian/vegan foods and ingredients.
Wholesome, easy-to-prepare, great tasting daily foods for optimum nutrition.
No artificial additives, MSG, colourings, preservatives or refined sugars.
Ethically sourced foods which support producer communities.
Made using environmentally sustainable and non-GM ingredients.
Good foods to be enjoyed globally.
The Clearspring goal is to get organic food back on the dining table, so that you can enjoy the same quality of foods as your grandparents did. By developing the demand for organic foods and encouraging the cultivation of organic crops by farmers today, we can ensure that your grandchildren, too, can enjoy the great taste of good food.?
You will find that each of our food products has a distinct flavour and quality that comes from using the finest quality ingredients and respecting local food traditions.