- Known to be rich in B-vitamins and lactobacilli, pickled daikon is commonly made in rural Japanese homes every autumn and eaten throughout the winter
- Clearspring pickled daikon is made to these same traditional farmhouse methods used for centuries
- An extremely healthy and versatile food, and one of the quintessential vegetables in the Japanese diet
- Clearspring Dried and Pickled Daikon are both made without any colourings or additives, to traditional rural methods
- What is daikon?
Daikon, a giant white radish, Raphanus sativus in latin, sometimes known in the West under its Indian name, mooli
- "Daikon" means great root in Japanese, which is an appropriate description; shaped like a carrot but much larger, daikon has a crisp, peppery taste not dissimilar to that of horseradish, but smoother and milder
Daikon, Sea Salt, Rice Bran.
100% vegetarian/vegan foods and ingredients.
Wholesome, easy-to-prepare, great tasting daily foods for optimum nutrition.
No artificial additives, MSG, colourings, preservatives or refined sugars.
Ethically sourced foods which support producer communities.
Made using environmentally sustainable and non-GM ingredients.
How to cook with pickled daikon?
Pickled daikon, is mostly found served in slices alongside miso soup, rice, or nori-maki. You can also try it in sandwiches instead of pickled gherkins. Also serve it with oily dishes, as it is used in Japan to counterbalance fatty foods.
Clearspring Brand Promise:
Organic/premium quality Japanese and European foods skillfully prepared by artisan and professional producers.
Prepared according to authentic, traditional recipes and our own original recipes developed for present day market needs.
Good foods to be enjoyed globally.
The Clearspring goal is to get organic food back on the dining table, so that you can enjoy the same quality of foods as your grandparents did. By developing the demand for organic foods and encouraging the cultivation of organic crops by farmers today, we can ensure that your grandchildren, too, can enjoy the great taste of good food.?
You will find that each of our food products has a distinct flavour and quality that comes from using the finest quality ingredients and respecting local food traditions.
2006 - 2009 Clearspring Ltd