- Rapeseed oil is produced from the seed of the yellow-blossomed rape (colza) plant
- It contains all three omega fatty acids as well as vitamin E
- It is said to be one of the healthiest culinary oils available and is low in saturated fat with heart healthy properties
- Although most people don’t realise it, a lot of vegetable spreads and oils in the UK are actually made from or include rapeseed oil, however, it is often highly refined and artificially treated
- Our organic oil is unrefined, cold pressed and GM free
Rapeseed oil is renowned for its excellent nutritional profile. It has a balance of Omega 3,6 and 9 fatty acids, is a good source of Vitamin E and has one of the lowest amounts of saturated fat of any culinary oil.
To compare it with another healthy oil, it has:
- 6 times more Omega 3 fatty acids than Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- more vitamin E than Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The flavour of rapeseed oil is much more subtle than oils such as olive, which makes it ideal for dishes where a gentler taste is required. In cold dishes it adds a hint of nuttiness, so it is delicious in salad dressings, dipping sauces, marinated vegetables and hummus. It can also be used to make flapjacks, crostini or drizzled onto soups or guacamole.
Clearspring Brand Promise:
Organic/premium quality Japanese and European foods skillfully prepared by artisan and professional producers.
Prepared according to authentic, traditional recipes and our own original recipes developed for present day market needs.
100% vegetarian/vegan foods and ingredients.
Wholesome, easy-to-prepare, great tasting daily foods for optimum nutrition.
No artificial additives, MSG, colourings, preservatives or refined sugars.
Ethically sourced foods which support producer communities.
Made using environmentally sustainable and non-GM ingredients.
Good foods to be enjoyed globally.
The Clearspring goal is to get organic food back on the dining table, so that you can enjoy the same quality of foods as your grandparents did. By developing the demand for organic foods and encouraging the cultivation of organic crops by farmers today, we can ensure that your grandchildren, too, can enjoy the great taste of good food.?
You will find that each of our food products has a distinct flavour and quality that comes from using the finest quality ingredients and respecting local food traditions.