- Traditional and conventional wasabi
Clearspring Wasabi powder contains real wasabi root, whereas most wasabi products consist of mustard or horseradish with green dyes and other additives
- The wasabi plant, sometimes called Japanese horseradish, has long been used in Japan as an essential condiment for serving with raw fish sashimi and sushi dishes where it is valued for its protein digesting enzymes
- (1) Weil, MJ, Zhang Y, Nair MG, Tumor cell proliferation and cyclooxygenase inhibitory constituents in horseradish (Armoracia rusticana) and Wasabi (Wasabia japonica), J
- You can recognise its authenticity by its pale grey green colour, which contrasts with the brighter green of dyed wasabi.
Wasabi and health
Researchers from Michigan State University, USA, have found that both horseradish (Armoracia rusticana) and wasabi (Wasabia japonica) have the ability to protect against the proliferation of certain types of cancer cells (1)
- Food Chem., 53 (5), 1440 -1444, (2005)
Horseradish, mustard, wasabi (10%)
Cooking with wasabi
Clearspring Wasabi comes as a powder in a convenient resealable tin and can be prepared by adding 1 part warm water to 2 parts powder and mixing into a paste. Cover and leave for 5 minutes to allow the flavour to develop. Use sparingly and make fresh each time.
Clearspring Brand Promise:
Organic/premium quality Japanese and European foods skillfully prepared by artisan and professional producers.
Prepared according to authentic, traditional recipes and our own original recipes developed for present day market needs.
100% vegetarian/vegan foods and ingredients.
Wholesome, easy-to-prepare, great tasting daily foods for optimum nutrition.
No artificial additives, MSG, colourings, preservatives or refined sugars.
Ethically sourced foods which support producer communities.
Made using environmentally sustainable and non-GM ingredients.
Good foods to be enjoyed globally.
The Clearspring goal is to get organic food back on the dining table, so that you can enjoy the same quality of foods as your grandparents did. By developing the demand for organic foods and encouraging the cultivation of organic crops by farmers today, we can ensure that your grandchildren, too, can enjoy the great taste of good food.?
You will find that each of our food products has a distinct flavour and quality that comes from using the finest quality ingredients and respecting local food traditions.
Copyright © Clearspring Ltd