- Fennel is widely used as a culinary herb, and fennel infusions are traditionally taken after dinner as a digestive aid
- It has a pleasant liquorice flavour, with a light colour and fresh aroma.
Fennels culinary purposes have been known for at least 2,000 years, and it was once recommended to aid slimming and allay hunger
- A refreshing infusion with a gentle aniseed taste
- Fennel has been used for centuries as an aid to digestion for both adults and babies and is believed to be effective in relieving infant colic.
- An excellent alternative to peppermint.
Clipper Fennel infusion is produced exclusively from organic fennel seeds
In the short time since Clipper's formation in 1984 it has become one of the leading suppliers of hot beverages in its chosen market of Fairtrade, organic and natural products.
The underlying reason for Clipper's rapid success is its willingness to be different. When it entered the tea market in 1984 there was not another company like it: passionate to make available to all consumers the opportunity to discover and enjoy high quality, great tasting, specialities brought to market without compromising the producers or the planet.
Since Clipper's arrival on the scene tea shelves in supermarkets and independent retailers have changed beyond recognition. There is now a very wide range of products available, and whilst the sales of traditional teas remain static, those of specialiteas, green and white teas, herbal and fruit infusions go from strength to strength.
Something else has happened to change the traditional market. Clipper was the first company in the world to produce a tea bearing the Fairtrade symbol. It was also among the first to launch a range of organic teas and the first to produce and market a mainstream organic instant coffee. Not satisfied with these pioneering steps, Clipper introduced the first instant, organic and Fairtrade hot chocolate.
In shaking up the traditional market, along the way Clipper has collected multiple international awards and commendations, not only for the great taste and pure quality but also for packaging and education.
Clipper Teas Ltd