- A time tested, safe and effective
product that r e m oves loosened debris from the lens when used as a rinse after
- Sensitive Eyes Saline Solution, the first thimerosal-free preserved saline
solution, made only by Bausch & Lomb®
- Also removes existing calcium deposits, and prevents new deposits
from forming, when used as directed in heat (thermal) disinfection.
Sensitive Eyes Saline Solution is an effective rinsing solution when used with
Chemical (not heat) and Hydrogen Peroxide disinfection, and as a diluent for
enzymatic cleaning tablets.
PROBLEMS WITH CONTACT LENSES AND LENS CARE
PRODUCTS COULD RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY TOTHE EYE. It is essential
that you follow your eye care practitioner’s directions and all labeling instructions
for proper use and care of your lenses and lens care products, including the lens
Eye problems, including corneal ulcers, can develop rapidly and lead to loss of
Daily wear lenses are not indicated for overnight wear and should not be worn
while sleeping. Clinical studies have shown the risk of serious adverse reactions
is increased when these lenses are worn overnight.
Extended wear lenses should be regularly removed for cleaning and disinfection
or for disposal and replacement on the schedule prescribed by your eye care
practitioner. Clinical studies have shown that there is an increased incidence of
serious adverse reactions in extended wear contact lens users as compared to
daily wear contact lens users. Studies have also shown that the risk of serious
adverse reactions increases the longer extended wear lenses are worn before
removal for cleaning and disinfection or for disposal and replacement.
Studies have also shown that smokers have a higher incidence of adverse
If you experience eye discomfort, excessive tearing, vision changes, redness of
the eye, immediately remove your lenses and promptly contact your eye care
It is recommended that contact lens wearers see their eye care practitioner twice
each year or, if directed, more frequently.
To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of bottle to any surface. Replace cap
• Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
• Store at room temperature.
• Use before the expiration date marked on the bottle and carton.
• Never re-use this solution.
ADVERSE REACTIONS (Problems and what to do): The following problems
may occur: eyes sting, burn or itch (irritation), comfort is less than when lens was
first placed on the eye, feeling of something in the eye (foreign body, scratched
area), excessive watering (tearing) of the eye, unusual eye secretions, redness
of the eye, reduced sharpness of vision (poor visual acuity), blurred vision,
rainbows or halos around objects, sensitivity to light (photophobia), or dry eyes.
If you notice any of the above:
• IMMEDIATELY REMOVE YOUR LENSES.
• If the discomfort or problem stops, then look closely at the lens.
• If the lens is in any way damaged, DO NOT put the lens back on your eye.
Place the lens in the storage case and contact your eye care practitioner.
Rinsing After Cleaning
• Clean your lenses with a daily cleaner such as Bausch & Lomb Sensitive
Eyes Daily Cleaner as instructed by your eye care practitioner.
• After cleaning, rinse lenses thoroughly with Bausch & Lomb Sensitive Eyes
Saline Solution by holding the lens between the forefinger and thumb or
placing it in the palm of the hand.Direct a steady stream of saline onto the lens
for approximately 10 seconds.
Heat (Thermal) Disinfection
• Fill the chambers of your lens carrying case or Bausch & Lomb Compact
Disinfecting Unit 2/3 full with fresh Bausch & Lomb Sensitive Eyes Saline
• Place the cleaned lens into the correct chamber.
• Tightly close the cap of the chamber.
• Follow the operating instructions for the disinfecting unit.
Emergency (alternate) Method of Heat (thermal) Disinfection
If your heat disinfection unit is not available, place the tightly closed lens carrying
case which contains saline and the lenses in a pan of boiling water for at least 10
minutes. (Above an altitude of 7,000 feet, boil for at least 15 minutes.) Be careful
not to allow the water to boil away. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to
cool for 30 minutes to complete the disinfection of the lenses.
NOTE: Use of the Heat Disinfection Unit should be resumed as soon as possible.
Chemical Disinfection (including Hydrogen Peroxide Systems)
• Clean, rinse and disinfect your lenses as directed by your eye care practitioner.
• Before inserting your lenses, rinse them thoroughly with Bausch & Lomb
Sensitive Eyes Saline Solution.
• Lenses that are chemically disinfected may absorb ingredients from the
disinfecting solution which may cause irritation to the eye. A 20 second rinse
may reduce the potential for irritation.
• Clean and rinse lenses as directed by your eye care practitioner.
• Bausch & Lomb Sensitive Eyes Saline Solution may be used to dilute
enzymatic cleaning tablets such as B a u s ch & Lomb Sensitive Eye s
• After heat disinfection, you may store your lenses in the unopened case or
disinfecting unit until ready to put on your eyes.
Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
Bausch & Lomb Visioncare UK Ltd