- It showcases four large projects, each with an accompanying small project similar in technique, and shows needle workers how to be creative with threads, alternative stitches and beads
- Traditional techniques are explained but are extended with the use of bead embroidery, needle lace techniques, and stitches not normally used in crewel work
- Templates of the original designs complete this magnificent source for creative embroidery.
- Keeping to a theme started in Crewel Twists, this book continues the concept of using non-traditional techniques and materials in crewel or Jacobean embroidery
- Many new needle lace and bead embroidery techniques are incorporated, and the book also explores weaving techniques used to create textures like twill and lace weaves, as well as patterns similar to tartan and houndstooth check
- Every project is clearly explained with step-by-step instructions and lots of photographs, and the completed embroideries are once again displayed in ways that are both decorative and functional in the home
Article Code Paton:
Article Code Rowan: