- That’s where Cystopurin can help
- Each pack of Cystopurin contains 6 sachets, which mix with water to make cranberry flavoured drinks.
Cystopurin contains potassium citrate which works by counteracting the acidity of the urine
- At the first burning, stinging signs of cystitis, you need relief - fast
- Cystopurin is a low-sodium 48 hour treatment for the symptoms of cystitis
- This relieves the intense stinging pain experienced by cystitis sufferers when passing water and reduces the urge to pass water so frequently.
Beginning the Cystopurin treatment at the first signs of an attack will usually help you feel better within a few hours.
Who gets cystitis?
Anyone can get cystitis at any age, although it is more common in women. Men and children should seek medical advice. The greatest group of sufferers, however, remains firmly in the sexually active age range. Sexual activity is a common cause of cystitis. Pregnancy, childbirth and the menopause may also be causes of cystitis.
Is urethritis different?
Urethritis refers to an inflammation/infection confined to the urethral tube, which carries urine to the outside. Urethritis is often the first step of an attack of real cystitis higher up in the bladder.
If you have had cystitis once are you more prone to getting it again?
Not necessarily. Find the cause and you can help prevent reoccurrence.
Is it hereditary?
There are no statistics that say cystitis is hereditary, it can happen to anyone.
I get it after sex, what can I do to prevent this?
If both partners wash before sex, then wash after sex with cool water, this may help prevent an attack. Also try and pass urine before sex and as soon as possible after, as this helps flush out any bacteria which may have entered the urethra.
Can it lead to more serious conditions?
Cystitis can progress to kidney infection, which is very painful and you will need to see your doctor for antibiotic treatment. It may also be confused with urethritis or interstitial cystitis.
Bayer Plc Consumer Care