- Bromelain is not a single structure, but a composite of various enzymes, all involved with protein synthesis and all originating from pineapple
- The physiological activity of the pineapple can vary considerably, depending on species, growing conditions and extraction and production techniques
- This is only a tiny proportion of the different enzyme types that are constantly active in the body, all of which are important in helping maintain a healthy lifestyle
- The two actions of bromelain, proteolytic (protein breakdown) and physiological, are not necessarily both equally bestowed by all bromelains, so it is important to ensure a good, balanced activity in both spheres.
The proteolytic activity is obviously involved in protein metabolism
- These areas of action include gastro-intestinal, gynaecological, inflammatory and immunological.
Suitable for: Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Contraindications: This product is not suitable for people with gastritis, colitis or ulcerative conditions of the stomach.
Non-Active Ingredients: Sodium carboxymethylcellulose, acacia gum, cellulose, vegetable stearic acid, vegetable magnesium stearate.
Non GM & Free From: Wheat; yeast, starch, gluten; soy, lactose; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Storage: Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.
- The physiological activity is specifically involved in blood (plasminogen and plasmin) generation, with beneficial results
- Bromelain has been found to be active in many different spheres because of its complex nature
Nutrient Per tablet %RDA
Bromelain 100mg *
RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance
* = no RDA
Suggested Intake: 1 tablet before a meal, up to 3 times a day, or take as directed by a practitioner.
CYTOPLAN is a unique science-based supplement company exclusively supplying the needs of health care professionals and their patients. Cytoplan was founded in 1990, by practitioners with many years experience in nutrition science.
Our emphasis is on quality, innovation and efficacy of product and Cytoplan has been a leader in the field of food-based supplementation for many years. We work closely with Doctors and scientists to produce products, which are highly bio-effective, truly innovative and backed by research and studies. We have a reputation for quality, integrity, innovation and excellent service.
Our major shareholder is a charitable organisation and we make regular donations of supplements to charities and those in need. We aim to make a significant contribution to the health of our customers and this is more important to us than profit.
All our products are conceived by common sense, grounded in science and proven with results. Cytoplan products are for those who are serious about health, trust that nature holds the key to real health and want a company they can believe in.