- The oils go through a process of hydrolysis, distillation and finally esterification prior to encapsulation and presentation to the market.
For those with on-going inflammatory reactions the benefits of Celadrin® have many positive anecdotal reports
- In addition the fact that it was an animal based product with concerns for the source has limited its popularity
- For the larger size comprising 90 capsules: Vegetarian Celadrin® - 90 Capsules
How does Celadrin® work
Research indicates that Celadrin®:
Inhibits inflammation in endothelial cells, reduces the production of the immune factor Interleukin 6 (cytokine) and controls the tumour necrosis factor alpha responsible for inflammation.
Is supportive of the lubrication of affected joints.
Inhibits arachidonic acid, one of the main promoters of the inflammatory cascade of immune factors by inhibiting 5-lipoxygenase another mediator of inflammation.
Provides added protection to the reduction of cartilage breakdown in joints.
Modifying ‘inflammatory mediators’ is a key protective factor for joints - thereby reducing the destructive tendencies of inflammation to bone and cartilage and helping to maintain healthy flexible joints.
Vegetarian and vegan suitable Celadrin® is a patented combination of special cetylated, esterifed fatty acids containing: Cetyl myristoleate, Cetyl myristate, Cetyl palmitoleate, Cetyl laureate, Cetyl palmitate, Cetyl oleate.
We would suggest that Celadrin® is included with the dietary guidelines and supplement support for those with inflammatory symptoms impacting on joints
- Contraindications: None
Storage: Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight
- Celadrin® is believed to work in a similar way to the essential fatty acids from fish oil in providing support during the inflammatory process.
Celadrin® induces changes at the cellular level and positively affects the responsiveness of the cell membranes thus protecting them from the action of the inflammatory immune messengers.
This Vegan Celadrin® is from plant based sources with oils including; palm, palm kernel, olive, nutmeg, coconut and unsaturated vegetable oils
- Trials also demonstrate positive outcomes with improvement in motion and function of joints including knee, elbow, wrist and hands.
Celadrin® products available previously were obtained from bovine sources which restricted its use for vegetarians and vegans
- This new plant based source of Celadrin® has a fatty acid complex identical in structure to the bovine form and research shows it to be equally effective.
Suitable for Men, Women and the Elderly
This supplement Free from Genetically Modified Substances and suitable for Vegetarians, vegans, and for people with Candida and lactose sensitivities.
Each gluten-free capsule comprises 400mg of pure Celadrin®
This supplement comes in two sizes – you are viewing the page for the bottle comprising 30 capsules
- Celadrin® may be used in conjunction with Fish Oils, Glucosamine and existing inflammation support nutrients.
Celadrin® and Skin
A small scale trial has shown Celadrin® may assist symptoms for those with psoriasis of the skin by reducing skin inflammation and providing an emollient effect at the site of psoriasis.
Following the topical application of Celadrin® an increase in skin permeability and improvement in roughness and thickening of the skin was recorded; the skin was found to be firmer and better hydrated.
Suitable for: Vegetarians, vegans, and for people with Candida and lactose sensitivities
- No need to refrigerate
Vegetable celadrin (from olive oil, palm oil, palm kernel, nutmeg and coconut oil), capsule shell (Vegetable Cellulose).
Non-Active Ingredients: -HPMC – Capsule shell. This product does not contain any excipients.
Non GM & Free From: Dairy, wheat; starch, gluten; lactose; soy; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Nutrient Per Tablet Celadrin
Providing 52% Esterified Fatty Acids
Adults and Children aged 12 years and over: - 2 capsules acutely and once symptoms have improved reduce to 1 capsule per day. Take with food.