These are the words, not of probiotics companies trying to make their money, but of an independent report by the World Health Organisation with the Food and Agriculture Organisation published in October 2001
- Proof of activity..
- Specifically however, the WHO/FAO report refers to gastrointestinal infections (including diarrhoea), certain bowel disorders (e.g
- Probiotic bacteria fundamentally inhabit the gastrointestinal tract, and in return for food and shelter they help us digest food; absorb nutrients; keep pathogenic bacteria at bay; and support the immune system
- Small wonder then that many imbalances respond to supplementation of the gut bacteria with a so called 'probiotic' - a supplement of gut bacteria
- Cytoplan's new Cyto-biotic Active contains an optimal 9 different strains of probiotic bacteria, so supplements all the fundamental bacterial populations in the gut
- So, what are these disorders that they refer to?
If you look through the enormous amount of literature on the subject of probiotics you will find some connection with almost any condition you can think of
- This means the water that was taken away is replenished, and the bacteria are restored to their active state
- (Imagine what would happen if the powder was swallowed straight into the highly acidic conditions of the stomach - that is not conducive to bacterial survival.)
It is then recommended that the active solution is swallowed away from meals (2 hours after eating, and before bed if possible) to give the bacteria the best possible chance of passing quickly though the stomach and setting up residence undisturbed in the lower gut
- Who may choose to take probiotics?
Anyone in any of the situations listed overleaf and below
- "The application ofprobiotics to prevent and treat...disorders should be more widely considered by the medical community."
"There is emerging evidence to indicate that probiotics can be taken by otherwise healthy people as a means to prevent certain diseases and modulate host immunity
- Activity is the key to a good probiotic supplement - if the bacteria can't survive their journey though the stomach and set up residence in the lower gut then your investment will be wasted
- Many people also find it helpful to supplement their gut bacteria to maintain energy, vitality and general health
- constipation, Crohn's disease and illS), allergies (e.g
- It is the most active we have found, so try it for yourself To prove its activity simply mix a teaspoonful into a small cup of warm milk and keep it warm for 8 hours - the resultant yoghurt would be impossible if these were not live, active bacteria
- cystitis and vaginitis)
- Cytoplan's new Cyto-biotic Active bacteria are harvested at the peak of their activity and then held in 'suspended animation' by freeze drying until ready to be taken
- At the tinle of taking they are then mixed into luke-warm water and allowed to stand
- In addition, studies have shown probiotics to help the health of the body when experiencing:
Allergies / Intolerances
Fatigue / tiredness / lethargy
Gut imbalances (e.g
- ms and chronic diarrhoea) Strenuous exercise Stress
- atopic dermatitis) and urogential infections (e.g
inulin, bacteria strains*, enzyems, minerals, vanilla powder
Each rounded teaspoon (3g) provides 3,000 000 000 colony forming units
The recommended maintenance amount is 3g daily (about I teaspoon), but 2 or 3 times this amount are not unusual for cleansing periods supervised by practitioners.
CYTOPLAN is a unique science-based supplement company exclusively supplying the needs of health care professionals and their patients. Cytoplan was founded in 1990, by practitioners with many years experience in nutrition science.
Our emphasis is on quality, innovation and efficacy of product and Cytoplan has been a leader in the field of food-based supplementation for many years. We work closely with Doctors and scientists to produce products, which are highly bio-effective, truly innovative and backed by research and studies. We have a reputation for quality, integrity, innovation and excellent service.
Our major shareholder is a charitable organisation and we make regular donations of supplements to charities and those in need. We aim to make a significant contribution to the health of our customers and this is more important to us than profit.
All our products are conceived by common sense, grounded in science and proven with results. Cytoplan products are for those who are serious about health, trust that nature holds the key to real health and want a company they can believe in.
© Copyright Cytoplan Ltd.