- Although the body can produce GLA directly from linoleic acid, sometimes the conversion is not very efficient, so a supplement might be useful
- GLA performs a variety of functions, including support of skin health, oxygen metabolism and cell membrane integrity.
Fatty Acid Metabolism
Linoleic acid is first metabolised to GLA and then to di-homo-gamma-linolenic acid (DHLA), a precursor of the series one prostaglandins, e.g
- Human breast milk is one of the richest natural sources of GLA
- Linoleic acid can be found in many oils, including safflower, hemp, grape and sunflower.
Suitable for: Vegetarians, vegans, and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Contraindications: Consult your doctor before using if you suffer from epilepsy.
Non-Active Ingredients: Potato starch, glycerol, sorbitol syrup, eucheuma seaweed, mono-diglycerides of edible fatty acids, antioxidant (tocopherol-rich extract).
Non GM & Free From: Wheat; yeast, starch, gluten; lactose; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Storage: Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.
- prostaglandin E1, (PGE1)
- DHLA is further metabolised to arachidonic acid, a precursor of the series two prostaglandins
- Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) is essential for the production of certain hormones called prostaglandins, which regulate many body functions such as blood pressure and the reproductive cycle
- Prostaglandins are highly reactive, short-lived substances with a diverse range of actions, their main effect being on the cardiovascular system and the smooth muscle.
Prostaglandins play a major role in the vascular and immune systems
- Many women choose to supplement with EPO around the time of their period or during the menopause
- Fatty acids are as important nutrients as vitamins and minerals, but not all can be made in the body, and essential fatty acids have to be supplied in our food
Evening primrose oil, capsule shell (potato starch, glycerol, sorbitol syrup, eucheuma seaweed, mono-diglycerides of edible fatty acids), antioxidant (tocopherol-rich extract).
Nutrient Per Capsule %RDA
Evening Primrose Oil 500.0mg *
Low in saturated fatty acids. Contains 10% GLA.
RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance
Suggested Intake: 1-2 capsules daily or take as directed by a practitioner.
CYTOPLAN is a unique science-based supplement company exclusively supplying the needs of health care professionals and their patients. Cytoplan was founded in 1990, by practitioners with many years experience in nutrition science.
Our emphasis is on quality, innovation and efficacy of product and Cytoplan has been a leader in the field of food-based supplementation for many years. We work closely with Doctors and scientists to produce products, which are highly bio-effective, truly innovative and backed by research and studies. We have a reputation for quality, integrity, innovation and excellent service.
Our major shareholder is a charitable organisation and we make regular donations of supplements to charities and those in need. We aim to make a significant contribution to the health of our customers and this is more important to us than profit.
All our products are conceived by common sense, grounded in science and proven with results. Cytoplan products are for those who are serious about health, trust that nature holds the key to real health and want a company they can believe in.