- Glucosamine is an amino sugar that occurs naturally in the human body, formed by the reaction of glucose with the amino acid glutamine.
What is Glucosamine Sulphate?
Much of the glucosamine used in the body is associated with sulphur in the form of sulphate
- When there is excess wear, more raw material is needed for repair of the joints and surrounding structures
- This shows up as ageing skin and thinning cartilage, as in osteoarthritis.
To prevent this deterioration, you must increase the rate at which the matrix is repaired and that largely depends on the rate at which your body can produce the amino sugar glucosamine.
The entire human skeleton is renewed every 10 years or so
- Our standard glucosamine is derived from the shells of shellfish from Far Eastern waters
- This means we all need good tissue regeneration rates to keep us healthy
- This is why healing is slower in the elderly.
Best Natural Sources
There are no edible sources of Glucosamine - bound forms do occur in cartilage but in meat this is gristle and we tend not to eat it
- Although it is constantly being broken down, it is also constantly being repaired.
A problem arises if the rate of breakdown exceeds the rate of repair.
Then skin and other connective tissues such as cartilage lose their structure
- Equally, as we age, the enzyme glucosamine synthetase becomes less effective, which slows the rate of matrix repair
- As long as your rate of repair keeps up with the rate of tissue loss, your bones and tissues will stay healthy.
Can we be short of Glucosamine?
Yes, it would appear so
- If body chemistry is unbalanced it may be that insufficient glucosamine is formed, which limits our ability to repair wear and damage
- Glucosamine Sulphate therefore bears a strong resemblance to closely-related materials naturally occurring in the body.
What is Glucosamine Hydrochloride?
Glucosamine Hydrochloride (the chloride form of N-acetyl Glucosamine) is the newest and purest form of glucosamine and the form now preferred by the medical profession for long-term use.
What do amino sugars do?
The extra-cellular connective tissue matrix is a mesh of microfibres that give your skin firmness and supports muscles, ligaments, blood vessels and other organs
- Glucosamine speeds regeneration
- Sulphate and Hydrochloride are two different compounds of glucosamine and act as a carrier for it
- Our new vegan glucosamine is made from aspergillus niger
Nutrient Per tablet:
Glucosamine Hydrochloride 750 mg
Glucosamine is best taken with a meal containing protein.
CYTOPLAN is a unique science-based supplement company exclusively supplying the needs of health care professionals and their patients. Cytoplan was founded in 1990, by practitioners with many years experience in nutrition science.
Our emphasis is on quality, innovation and efficacy of product and Cytoplan has been a leader in the field of food-based supplementation for many years. We work closely with Doctors and scientists to produce products, which are highly bio-effective, truly innovative and backed by research and studies. We have a reputation for quality, integrity, innovation and excellent service.
Our major shareholder is a charitable organisation and we make regular donations of supplements to charities and those in need. We aim to make a significant contribution to the health of our customers and this is more important to us than profit.
All our products are conceived by common sense, grounded in science and proven with results. Cytoplan products are for those who are serious about health, trust that nature holds the key to real health and want a company they can believe in.
© Copyright Cytoplan Ltd.