- It is not the same as Betaine HCL, which is not necessarily a methyl donor but is sometimes used erroneously for this purpose
- Most vitamin B12 products on the market are cyanocobalamin which needs to be enzymatically converted to methylcobalamin in the body
Folic Acid, vitamin B12, Betaine and vitamin B6 all have the permitted health claim of ‘Contributing to normal homocysteine metabolism’ (amongst many other permitted claims)
We do recommend that Methyl Factors is taken alongside one of our regular multi-formulae
Suitable for: Men, Women and the Elderly
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities
Free from Genetically Modified Substances
For full information please request our technical booklet on Methyl Factors
The Betaine (TMG) in this product is a very active ingredient and readily absorbs moisture from the air
- Many diets are low in Betaine from food sources
Sadly, B vitamin deficiency is all too common, and this is another reason for shortage of methyl donor nutrients in diet
Zinc has been added to help protect and support those who drink alcohol regularly
This formula comprises Folic Acid as L-Methylfolate as it is the most stable, safe and bio-effective supplemental form of folate and the only one useful to people with impaired methylation
This formula utilises vitamin B6 in the form of pyridoxal 5 phosphate, the bio-active and enzymatically converted form of B6
- Please keep the lid of the pot tightly closed in between use to avoid the atmospheric moisture softening the tablets
- Methyl Factors has been developed to help support those who need extra methyl donor nutrients to facilitate this process in the body
It contains Betaine as TMG (trimethylglycine), vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate), Folic Acid (as L-Methylfolate) and vitamin B12 as methylcobalamin; plus vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) (all of these nutrients can donate methyl groups) and the mineral Zinc
All of these ingredients also support the nervous system and detoxification pathways in the body
Betaine as TMG, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and methylfolate, collectively, individually and comprehensively provide a full spectrum of methyl donor nutrients
Betaine as TMG is the best methyl donor
- There is an amount of evidence to show that some people with high homocysteine, for instance, and errors of methylation, lack the enzyme necessary to convert pyridoxine (the other supplement form of B6) to its metabolically active form
This supplement comprises Vitamin B12 in the form of Methylcobalamin and hence is universally bio-effective
- The product is coated and this ensures stability of the ingredients in normal daily use.
Suitable for: Vegetarians and vegans, and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Storage: Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.
Trimethylglycine (TMG, also known as Betaine), microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, vitamin B12 as methylcobablamine, vitamin B6 as pyridoxal 5 phosphate, vegetable stearic acid, zinc citrate, vegetable cellulose (tablet coating), silicon dioxide, riboflavin, folic acid as 5-methyltetrahydrofolate.
Non-Active Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose dicalcium phosphate vegetable stearic acid vegetable cellulose (tablet coating), silicon dioxide.
Non GM & Free From: Yeast; wheat; starch, gluten; lactose; soy; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Nutrient Per tablet %RDA:
Trimethylglycine - TMG (Betaine) 500.0mg *
Riboflavin 3.0mg 214
Vitamin B6 as Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate 15.0mg 1071
Folic Acid (as L-Methylfolate) 800µg 400
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 1000.0µg 40000
Zinc 5.0mg 50
RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance
* = No RDA
Suggested Intake: one tablet daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.