- This is a natural Folate and very different in structure and function from isolated folic acid, the most commonly sold supplemental form, which does not occur naturally in foods.
If our metabolism is working correctly folic acid is converted to methylfolate, (a wholly safe and beneficial nutrient) by our body
- Particularly in accordance with the recommendations of the UK Department of Health.
Read an in depth article on Methylfolate on our Blog: Methylfolate Supplementation on the Cytoplan Blog.
Folate provides a role in: The reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Contributes to normal psychological functions
Contributes to normal cell division
Contributes to normal blood formation
Contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism
Folate contributes to normal maternal tissue growth during pregnancy
Folate contributes to normal function of the immune system
Suitable for: Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Storage: Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.
- But often this process is not efficient and unmetabolised folic acid, which is not necessarily beneficial, remains in the body.
Food is the major source of Folates
- The UK Department of Health have stated:
“Women who are planning a pregnancy, or might become pregnant, or who are already pregnant, should also take folic acid and vitamin D supplements.”
As Methylfolate is the most natural, stable, safe and bioeffective form of Folate (Folic Acid) it is ideal as a supplement for pregnant women and women planning pregnancy
- 400µg of Folic Acid as Methylfolate (5-Methyltetrahydrofolate) per gluten-free capsule
Methylfolate (5MTHF) is the most stable, safe and bioeffective form of Folate
An adequate intake of Folate is essential for the prevention of many disorders such as anaemia neural tube defects, various forms of cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s, colon cancer and depression
Yeast free, free from dairy products and suitable for vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and Yeast sensitivities
Free from Genetically Modified Substances
Methylfolate and Folate
Methylfolate is the predominant Folate found in food such as leafy green vegetables and is a form that can be used directly by the body
- An adequate intake of Folate is essential for the prevention of many disorders such as anaemia neural tube defects, various forms of cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s, colon cancer and depression.
Methylfolate and Pregnancy:
Folic Acid/ Folate is of particular importance for pregnant women and women planning pregnancy
- However in a large percentage of the population Folate intake from food is insufficient for health
Capsule shell (vegetable cellulose), methylfolate combined with alfalfa.
Non-Active Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose (capsule shell).
Non GM & Free From: Yeast; wheat; starch, gluten; lactose; soy; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Active Nutrient Per Capsule %RDA
Folic Acid as L-Methylfolate 400µg 200
RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance
Suggested Intake: 1 capsule daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.