- Red Rice Yeast contains a number of constituents including flavonoids, unsaturated fatty acids and sterols; however, it is the presence of the naturally occurring, statin-like metabolites including monacolin K which is considered of benefit to the management of cholesterol
- Research has shown the benefits for Red Rice Yeast in the support of elevated cholesterol
- Research has indicated that Red Rice Yeast therapy may produce a similar response: CoQ10 is therefore included in our Red Rice Yeast Plus formulation.
Due to the similarity of action for Red Rice Yeast and statins, it is recommended that contraindications and cautions for statin therapy are considered, and this product
should not be taken in conjunction with prescribed statin treatments.
Additional ingredients of Red Rice Yeast Plus include:
Crataegus Laevigata (Hawthorn)
Suitable for: Vegetarians, vegans and for people with Candida and yeast sensitivities.
Not suitable for: Children, or during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
Non-Active Ingredients: Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose.
Non GM & Free From: Wheat; yeast, starch, gluten; lactose; added sugars, colourings, flavourings & preservatives.
Storage: Keep cool, dry & out of direct sunlight.
- Monocolin K is similar to Lovastatin.
Statin therapy is linked to the depletion of Co-Enzyme Q10
Monascus purpureus (red rice yeast 0.4% monocolin K), crataegus laevigata (hawthorn berry powder), capsule shell (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), co-enzyme Q10.
Nutrient Per Capsule
Red Rice Yeast 400.0mg
- Providing Monocolin K 1.6mg
Hawthorn Berry powder 90.0mg
CoEnzyme Q10 10.0mg
RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance
Suggested Intake: 3 capsules per day for 8-12 weeks, reduce by 1 or 2 capsules once desired level is reached.
CYTOPLAN is a unique science-based supplement company exclusively supplying the needs of health care professionals and their patients. Cytoplan was founded in 1990, by practitioners with many years experience in nutrition science.
Our emphasis is on quality, innovation and efficacy of product and Cytoplan has been a leader in the field of food-based supplementation for many years. We work closely with Doctors and scientists to produce products, which are highly bio-effective, truly innovative and backed by research and studies. We have a reputation for quality, integrity, innovation and excellent service.
Our major shareholder is a charitable organisation and we make regular donations of supplements to charities and those in need. We aim to make a significant contribution to the health of our customers and this is more important to us than profit.
All our products are conceived by common sense, grounded in science and proven with results. Cytoplan products are for those who are serious about health, trust that nature holds the key to real health and want a company they can believe in.