- Flavonoids come in a variety of different colour pigments, and each colour carries a different set of protective nutrients, each with different tissue affinity and protective action
- Flavonoids serve as protective nutrients in plant tissues, protecting the plant and its DNA from external threats such as pests, UVA radiation, bacteria, fungi and, luckily for us, they have the same action in the human body once ingested
- Lycopene in particular is known for its ability to protect the prostate gland, and lutein for its ability to protect the cervix and
macular of the eye
- Many flavonoids have powerful anti-allergic, anti-oxidant, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties, and boost the immune system
- Carotenoids in plants and humans help to retain intracellular communication, protecting against damage from many sources including UV light
- They also target different tissues; for instance, some can enter the brain whilst others appear to concentrate in the lining of blood vessels
- The important thing for us to realise is that we need around 650mg flavonoids per day for optimum health, but most of us are only ingesting 140mg.
Likewise, the average intake of carotenoids is 5mg, against an optimum intake of 20mg
- Other flavonoids inhibit enzymes involved in inflammation, the breakdown of bone and cartilage and vascular spasm
- Some flavonoids neutralise free radicals
- Another group is capable of locking up free oxygen in the body and preventing the oxidation of vitamin C, thereby protecting it in fruits, juices and in the
- They are also antioxidants and powerful redifferentiators
- Those of us who eat in excess of 5 portions of organic, dark green vegetables and brightly-coloured fruits per day are probably ingesting near to the optimum levels, but anyone else should consider increasing their intake of fruit and vegetables or supplementing this shortfall
- Improved Immune Plus now contains the potent antioxidant acai berry and the powerful antibacterial agent oregano for added protection.
- Others bond to free iron and copper in the body, thereby stopping free radical formation
Nutrient Per Capsule
Acai Berry Powder 75.0mg
Oregano Extract 75.0mg
Blueberry Extract 4:1 50.0mg
Grape Seed Extract (95% Polyphenols) 50.0mg
Green Tea Extract (95% Polyphenols) 50.0mg
Ginger Root Extract (5% 10:1) 50.0mg
Curcumin Extract (Turmuric Extract 95%) 40.0mg
- Providing Zeaxanthin 250.0µg
2 capsules can be used daily in people with root or gum infections until the infection has resolved.
For maintenance and protection, 1 capsule every day or every other day is advisable.
CYTOPLAN is a unique science-based supplement company exclusively supplying the needs of health care professionals and their patients. Cytoplan was founded in 1990, by practitioners with many years experience in nutrition science.
Our emphasis is on quality, innovation and efficacy of product and Cytoplan has been a leader in the field of food-based supplementation for many years. We work closely with Doctors and scientists to produce products, which are highly bio-effective, truly innovative and backed by research and studies. We have a reputation for quality, integrity, innovation and excellent service.
Our major shareholder is a charitable organisation and we make regular donations of supplements to charities and those in need. We aim to make a significant contribution to the health of our customers and this is more important to us than profit.
All our products are conceived by common sense, grounded in science and proven with results. Cytoplan products are for those who are serious about health, trust that nature holds the key to real health and want a company they can believe in.
We currently have in excess of 3,500 practitioners and medical Doctors ordering from Cytoplan.