- It is an ionic compound consisting of two moles of gluconate for each mole of zinc
- Oral zinc supplements help heal bed sores, skin ulcers, cold sores, canker sores, surgical incisions, burns, and a variety of other skin irritations
- In addition, blister-like patches of skin may be present on the elbows, knees, and buttocks
- Zinc gluconate is the salt of gluconate and zinc II
- Zinc pyrithione is often found in dandruff shampoos and is effective in helping to relieve this skin problem
- Zinc is an important element that is found in every cell in the body
- Although the amount of zinc we need in our daily diet is tiny, it's very important that we get it.
Benefit of Zinc for Skin
Zinc is one element that is essential for healthy skin
- In addition, to wound healing, zinc acts as an astringent and may help in the treatment of acne among other benefits.
One benefit of zinc for skin is in the area of wound healing
- Zinc is also a component in the proper functioning of enzymes that are required by the body to repair skin wounds.
The benefit of zinc as a mild astringent is well noted
- Topical treatments are also used for wound healing.
Zinc is a mineral that the body requires for the synthesis of collagen, which is a requirement for the healing of skin wounds
- More than 300 enzymes in the body need zinc in order to function properly
- There is some evidence that improper absorption of zinc may contribute to this skin care problem.
Another often stated benefit of zinc is in the treatment and prevention of acne
- Zinc in the form of zinc gluconate or zinc sulphate is thought to help heal acne blemishes, reduce inflammation caused by acne, and reduce androgenic hormonal effects on skin that contribute to acne breakouts or in other words help regulate the skin’s oil gland activity.
Recently, the benefit of zinc in treating acne has been questioned
- An astringent is a chemical substance that shrinks pores, constricts, or tightens body tissues.
Zinc oxide has this mild astringent property
- It acts as a skin-drying agent and can act as a skin anti-inflammatory
- Zinc oxide also helps sooth the skin from itching, rashes, and moist skin conditions such as diaper rash.
Dermatitis herpetiformis is a chronic disease of the skin
- It is characterized by the presence of very itchy hives on the skin and a burning or stinging sensation on the skin
- A zinc supplement (under the advice of a physician) may also play a role in treating and preventing dandruff.
- Zinc oxide, zinc stearate, and zinc sulfide apparently have no established effectiveness in acne treatment as stated by an advisory panel of the United States Food and Drug Administration.
A benefit of zinc is in the treatment of dandruff
Do not expose yourself to the sun. Avoid contact with eyes and in case rinse with water. The skincare ampoule tip must be broken by using a piece of cloth.
Alta Care Laboratoires