- It’s a color
- The wind did this
- What’s the answer? Blue/Blew! High-speed homophone game requires sharp listening and vocabulary skills
- Each buzzer makes a different fun sound
- Question cards are color-coded for differentiation of the 2 available levels
- 4 buzzers
- 200 double sided cards
- Activity guide
- Buzzers measure 3
- 5” Diameter
- Each buzzer requires 2 AAA batteries, not included
- 3 or more players
- Common Core State Standards Alignment: Reading Foundational Skills, Vocabulary, Language Conventions
- Learning Style: Auditory
- Skill Development:
- Language- Students build vocabulary by identifying words based on a description
- Language- Students practice and learn definitions of words that sound the same but have different meanings
- Social & Behavioral- Encourages peer interaction, turn taking, and socialization
- Patience and waiting is practiced when remembering the appropriate time to hit the buzzers
- Grades +2
How to Play
1. Each player presses a buzzer, one at a time, so all players know the buzzer sounds.
2. Place the box of cards in the middle of the play area so all players can reach.
3. Choose a player to read first. Draw a card and read both clues to the other player(s). All players, except the reader, can buzz in.
4. The first player to buzz in and answer correctly keeps the card. If the first player is incorrect, other players buzz in again for a chance to answer.
5. If no one answers correctly, the card goes to the back of the box.
6. Play continues to the right. The next player becomes the reader and all other players buzz in.
7. The first player to 10 cards wins.
Alternate Version of Play
• Players can designate one person to always be the reader if time
permits multiple games. The first player with 10 cards wins.
NOTE: You can always designate one player to be the reader for the
Learning Resources is a leading manufacturer of innovative, hands-on educational materials for classrooms worldwide and learning toys. For 25 years, Learning Resources has been a trusted source for teachers and parents for quality, award-winning educational products in math, science, language, language arts, reading, early childhood, measurement, Spanish, ELL and ESL teaching, time and money. Product brands include Reading Rods, Pretend & Play, Gears! Gears! Gears!, Power of Science, Three Bear Family and Cuisenaire Rods. Product types include games, puzzles, card games, bingo games, board games, floor mats, floor puzzles, wooden puzzles, classroom kits, electronics, books, reading manipulatives, math manipulatives, pocket charts, activity books, activity kits, science kits, creativity and fine motor skills.
Learning Resources Ltd
7 years - 11 years