- This tea is inspired by Cape Town’s wonderfully rich Cape Malay culinary tradition with its origins in Indonesia, Holland and India
- Cape Town was founded in the 17th Century as a staging post for sailing ships carrying tea, spices, porcelain and silk from China, India and the East Indies to Europe
- The process takes place in the crisp air of the Cedarberg Mountains of South Africa's Cape
- Rooibos is rich in antioxidants and AHAs, long valued for fresh glowing skin, gently rehydrating and low in tannin
- 20 chlorine-free sachets (2g)
- All our ingredients are organically grown and include rooibos tea, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, chicory, cloves, black pepper and citrus peel
- It requires great skill to know when the cure is at its peak; one sign is that it begins to give off a delicious sweet aroma that attracts wild bees
- Dragonfly rooibos teas are naturally caffeine free, so they can be enjoyed at any time of day and are suitable for the whole family
- All Dragonfly rooibos teas are still cured in the traditional way, as it was when Benjamin Ginsberg founded rooibos
Infuse a sachet in freshly boiled water for 2-4 minutes. Delicious with or without milk or as an iced tea. Sweeten with sugar or honey to taste.
Try our Rooibos Chai Smoothie:-
Ingredients: (serves 4):
4 Dragonfly Cape Malay Rooibos Chai teabags
450 ml (3/4 pint) of warm water
2 scoops of vanilla ice cream or 125g plain yoghurt
1 banana (optional but delicious)
Steep the teabags in the water and infuse for 20 minutes or overnight in the fridge. Add other ingredients and blitz until frothy.
5 out of 5
By Edie | Posted on: 26/09/2016
best spice redbush
This makes a delicious and soothing drink. I always drink it with milk. Being without caffeine it makes a healthy drink for those keeping an eye on caffeine consumption. No criticism, except that one bag only makes one cup: no chance of getting two out of one as there is with some bags!